Thursday 3 December 2015

Big Hugs

It's Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day and this week our hostess is none other than the very-talented Jen Mitchell who always amazes me with her fabulous cards.  Jen's sketch is so cool - I loved it as soon as I saw it!


Unfortunately, while I may have loved the sketch, my mojo wasn't present when I was trying to make my card!  


I wanted to do an emboss resist on the top part of the card so dug around in my stamps for a suitable image.  I found an old, old wood mount stamp from a company called Just for Fun and decided to use that.  I white embossed that onto a panel of watercolor paper and sponged on Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Barn Door and Fired Brick ink from right to left across the panel.  I saw this color combo on Pinterest and thought it looked gorgeous!

Once the panel was finished, I cut it down to size and mounted it onto a black stitched scallop piece.  The banner was white embossed and glued to the card base and the top panel and scalloped piece is mounted on foam tape.  I tied some kraft colored twine around the panel to bring in the Antique Linen ink a bit more.


Thanks for visiting!  Be sure to check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team.

Products Used:

Stamps:  Unknown from Just for Fun Stamps, Big Scripty Greetings (SSS)
Ink:  Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet, Barn Door, Fired Brick (Distress), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Watercolor
Dies:  Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Stitched Scalloped Border (Lawn Fawn)
Accessories:  White EP, twine

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Suchi said...

Beautiful card with great embossing !! :)
Suchi xx

Linda Callahan said...

Hmmmm seeing no loss of mojo here......but if I could steal mojo yours would be top of my list! I love how that top panel came out! And the e,bossed sentiment on black is striking!

Kelly S. said...

Oh I LOVE this! What beautiful technique at the top! The sentiment for the bottom banner is perfect with it! Love how bold the black looks against the softer background, awesome!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh I LOVE this! What beautiful technique at the top! The sentiment for the bottom banner is perfect with it! Love how bold the black looks against the softer background, awesome!!

Amy O said...

You truly are a master at blending inks. And I love the colors you've used for this card. The dramatic black and white banner looks perfect against these colors. Great card, Karren!

Rosemary said...

fantastic card... love the inked panel!

Stampingcountry said...

What a fun banner, Great sentiment!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Karren! I love the colours you've used at the top of the card! Such a great stamp you've used as well! That black banner stands out so nicely! Very fun!

Cindy Hall said...

The ombré effect on the resist technique is stunning. The black and white make it even more of a focal point. gorgeous!

Greta said...

Love the unusual color combo--beautifully blended, Karren!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your beautiful card! Wonderful take on the sketch!