Wednesday 30 December 2015

Shake it Up

Hi!  Here's another card using one of my NBUS Girlfriends stamps from Art Impressions.



I love coloring these girls because they're pretty easy to color, with no real thought to shading.  As these chicks are dancing, I've put them in very sparkly clothes using copious quantities of Wink of Stella :)



After coloring them, I die-cut them with a circle die, cutting the front lady's foot out using the Out of the Box technique.  I then put the layers together, using Papertrey Ink cardstock that most closely matched the Copic colors.

I used the sketch at Retro Sketches as well as the Sparkle theme at Simon Says Stamp.


Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Dance it Out (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice (PTI), white, X-Press It
Dies:  Horizontal Stitched Stripes, Pierced Circle STax, Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Wink of Stella, Copics, PPP sequins

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Retro Sketches.

7 comments:

Aileen said...

Great card Karren, i have this stamp set and have paper pierced but not coloured yet.. Need to fix that. Love the shimmer on everyones dresses.

Patrice said...

I love it! These are such fun images and you do them fabulous justice, Karren. Love all the sparkle you've added. Hope you had a great Christmas. x

jenn shurkus said...

this is a great card! that image and sentiment are perfect :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE these girlfriends shaking "it!" Looks like me with some of my friends. The Wink of Stella is perfect to make them all sparkle and shine! Such a fun card! XX

Cindy Hall said...

I couldn't pass by this card without leaving a comment! I LOVE that stamp set and HAVE to have it! I love the way that you gave stem some holiday sparkle and shine!

Cindy Hall said...

Stem = Them! Oops!

Linda Callahan said...

Lol.....loving these rockin' ladies!