Thursday 3 May 2018

Coral Flowers

I'm back with a card using our latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the wonderful Jennifer Timko.  Her sketch freaked me out a bit, because me and ovals are not great mates!


So I took a sneaky route and tried to use the oval in the most unobscure way possible 😄



I dry embossed a stitched oval onto a white card base (sketch met!)  Then I colored and arranged some flowers around one side of the oval.  I was totally inspired by the colors in Debbie Olson's card here.


I finished the card with a simple sentiment and a few Jewel Drops.

Thanks so much for visiting.  The DT have put Jennifer's oval to great use so please check them out.

I'm linking this up to Cupcake Inspirations Challenge who have a floral theme.


Products used:

Stamps:  Funky Flowers, Aim for the Clouds (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT) Slate (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Stitched Oval (Lil Inkers)
Accessories:  Copics, Orange Marmalade Nuvo Jewel Drops, White Gel Pen, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren




14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Sneaky? NO! STUNNING!!! oh YESSS!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

You snuck around that oval just fine! Gorgeous flowers.....loving the gray leaves!

Barb Ghig said...

I think you and ovals could become famous mates based on this gorgeous card, Karren! Embossing your stitched oval really made it pop and I LOVE your color palette on the flowers and stems...WOW!

Verity said...

This is beautiful x

Jen Mitchell said...

Well I love your sneaky oval. It's subtle and looks great with your floral arrangement. The colors are unusual but look fantastic together!

Jen Timko said...

So, so pretty! The subtle oval is perfect as a background for these lovely flowers!

Amy O said...

I love the dry embossed oval! And those flowers are gorgeous! Beautifully done, Karren!

lichazul said...

lovely card
thank you so much for your comment in my blog
happy day :)

Jen Brum said...

Karren, this card is just gorgeous!! I absolutely LOVE those flowers and your colouring is amazing (as always!)! Love the dry embossing too! Looks like you and ovals are besties!!!

Stampingcountry said...

Gorgeous Card! Like all your white space.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ha! You've totally nailed the oval - so now you have to agree that you and ovals are besties ;) Love all that white space paired with those pretty flowers.

Aileen said...

Wow love this creation Karren, those flowers look amazing with the colouring you have used.

Lady Joyful said...

This is a really gorgeous card! I love how your framed the embossed oval with those flowers, and the touches of Nuvo Drops really help finish it off. Just beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Karen Davis said...

Gorgeous Karen. I love the colours.