Wednesday 6 February 2019

January Card Chain Challenge

I'm a terrible blogger!  I have played along with the Card Chain Challenge for several months now, but I keep forgetting to post my card on reveal day!  I think the 2nd of the month is reveal day (my time) so I'm a few days late, but here is my card anyway.


There are several challenge options you can choose - sketch, colours, themes or techniques.  I went with the sketch and the friendship theme for my card which I sent to Joanne in the UK.  Here is the sketch:



For my card I die-cut some circles from a white panel and then positioned that panel over the card base so I could mark the cut-outs.  I then sponged some Distress Ink into the cut-outs before adhering the panel onto the card base.

I then stamped and colored a couple of the chicks from Birthday Chicks set and added them to the circles.  The "friend" die is stacked and the rest of the sentiment is white embossed onto black.


And that is it!  Amazingly, this card made it from New Zealand to England in 4 days - quicker than it takes to get around New Zealand!


And because sometimes being late works, there is a new challenge at Addicted to CAS which is looking for bird cards.  How serendipitous 😀


Thanks, as always, for taking the time to visit.

Products used:

Stamps:  Birthday Chicks (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K Designs), Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey Distress Inks, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Stitched Rectangle Stax, Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Dawn T said...

super sweet card Karren. Lucky recipient getting this little beauty.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my this is cute! Sweet as can be!

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute take on the challenge, Karren! Your blended background really makes those sweet little chicks pop and I love how your sentiment grounds your design! I just bought this set (finally) and I can't wait to ink it up :)

Toni said...

ack! I love this--so bright and happy! Thanks for joining and inspiring us at ATCAS!

Bobby said...

I love the bright inked color behind those cute little chicks, Karren. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

Barb Ghig said...

My apologies...I just noticed that you added this darling card to our challenge at Addicted to CAS! Thanks so much for playing along with us...we always enjoy seeing your creations in our gallery!

Jaydee said...

Karren, how adorable! This is such a wonderful CAS card and the colors are like sunshine on a cold winter's day. Love the layout, too!
So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

Aileen said...

Just love this card my friend, its so sweet, the three circles just perfect.

Robyn Oliver said...

OOOHH !! Karren your card is just wonderful... cutest birds and great use of the CCC sketch back in Feb '19 --- lots of fun looking back this month for the 3000 CCC cards... hugs and stay safe Robyn

HilaryJane said...

This is such a good card, I love the vibrant colours and have really enjoyed looking back at peoples pick in the CCC games this month so thanks for sharing it xx