Thursday 28 February 2019

Layered Roses

Hi and welcome to the latest sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess is our resident Artisan, Narelle Farrugia

For my card, I decided to layer up some flowers and stamp the sentiment onto all the layers.  This is where my Misti comes in very, very handy. 


I stamped and die-cut all the roses using orange inks then added some foliage to the mix.  After arranging the images to most closely resemble the sketch, I used Press n Seal to hold the arrangement in place and set it aside.

Onto my white top-folding card base, I stamped the sentiment in black ink and left the stamp in my Misti.  I then added liquid glue to the bottom-most layer of flowers and foliage.  I adhered those on top of the stamped sentiment and put the rest - still stuck to the Press n Seal - to one side.  I re-stamped the sentiment - this time onto the bottom layer of flowers which are stuck to the card base.  Because of the Misti it stamped in exactly the same position as earlier - score!


I then adhered my second layer of flowers and foliage and re-stamped like before.  Finally I added the smallest rose with foam tape and very carefully re-stamped the sentiment.  To finish the card, I added some Jewel Drops.


Thanks for visiting.  Please head over and check out the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Vintage Roses (Altenew), Lots to Say (Reverse Confetti)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Sunkissed Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze, Firebrick, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Evergreen (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Vintage Roses
Accessories:  Nuvo Jewel Drops

Cheers
Karren


13 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the orange roses.

Betty said...

gorgeous orange flowers and wonderful technique for stamping the sentiment!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those orange flowers.......gorgeous! Love the sentiment stamped on top!

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely cluster of flowers!! Love how you placed the roses on this!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! TFS how you did the sentiment!

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Karren. The way you did the sentiment is inspiring. It really looks fabulous.

Barb Ghig said...

You have the patience of a saint, and it really paid off with this stunning card, Karren! I'm loving the beautiful bold shades of orange and how you placed your sweet sentiment! Such a lovely card!

Chris Smith said...

Wow! Your card is so lovely and your technique for stamping the sentiment is fabulous too.

Jen Mitchell said...

What a clever way to stamp that sentiment! I love it!

Jen Brum said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous! I just love those orange flowers! Love that sentiment - sounds amazing how you stamped it!!!

LeAnne said...

Your stamping of the sentiment is amazing! That Misti is a great tool for sure! Beautiful creation!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my! A card after my own heart! Those flowers and the colour you've given them are just amazing - as always!

Kim S said...

Such beautiful colors - and I love the sentiment laid across the flowers.