Friday 20 March 2020

Golden Hexagon


Hi and welcome to our current Fusion challenge.  Here's a sneaky peek of my card...


and here is the challenge graphic:
While I love color-blocked cards, I was more drawn to the photo this week and couldn't work out how to include color-blocking with the vision I had in my head.



The hexagon die was die-cut five times - twice from gold foil cardstock, once each from Sno Cone, Berrylicious and Summer Splash.  I adhered the outer frame to a white card base and then added a few extra hexagons for added interest.  From there I randomly added blue filler pieces in an ombre fashion and finished off with three gold filler pieces.


The sentiment was one I had already prepared and is stacked three times for added dimension.  I didn't add any embellishments as I thought the gold was enough.

Thanks for visiting.  The design team have created gorgeous cards so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Sno Cone, Berrylicious, Summer Splash (MFT), Gold Foil
Dies:  Hexagon Element (SSS), Twice Thanks (Create a Smile)

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Sheer perfection, Karren!! why mess that up with embellishments? lol
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Karren! I love the gold hexies and how you placed different shades of aqua in the ombre fashion,,, Love all the dimension on your sentiment, too!
Stay safe and healthy, my friend! xx

Linda Callahan said...

You have such a wonderful sense of style! The gold and aqua look fabulous togetgher!

Dawn T said...

So pretty Karren. A very elegant card.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow! I LOVE this card with those shades of blue and gold in the hexagons!

Kim S said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous and totally classy, Karren. I love it! Hope you are well and keeping healthy.

Sue Jackson/Just Peachy Stamping said...

This is a simply gorgeous card! Love the colors and the design. Brilliant!