Thursday 9 April 2020

Birthday Leaves

Hi and welcome to another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess this week is Jacquie Southas.  And here is Jacquie's sketch:


I used the sketch to make a birthday card for my dad, who will be 87 in a week or so.  I won't be able to see him before his birthday due to the lockdown, so I will post this card to him.


I used dies from The Greetery and stamps from MFT for this card.  The script background was stamped onto the white card base using Fog ink.   I then die-cut the halfsies die twice from Fog cardstock and ran it through a linen embossing folder.  The leaves were die-cut from Smoke and Slate cardstock and arranged in front of and behind one side of the halfsies die and adhered with liquid glue. I then put tiny slivers of foam tape behind the leaves and behind the halfsies dies and adhered to the card base.  The sentiment was white embossed and cut out.

I finished with some clear raindrops.


Thanks for visiting.  The DT have some gorgeous cards so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Essential Sentiments, Romantic Script (MFT)
Ink:  Fog, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Fog, Smoke, Slate (SSS)
Dies:  Inside & Out Berry Branch, Halfsies Dies (The Greetery)
Accessories:  White EP, Raindrops (PTI), Subtle EF (SU)

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this card so much, Karren! So perfect!!!

Amy O said...

What a great way to use these dies! And I love the different shades of gray for a masculine card.

Nora Noll said...

This is BREATHTAKING!! I love that cover die, the stamping in the background, the beautiful greenery in gray and the clear drops. Just FABULOUS design!! You make me want that cover die now!!

Jacquie Southas said...

You created an amazing focal point with the script stamp and leafy frame! I may be shopping at The Greetery later today for this super frame die.

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! Karren, this card is just amazing! I love that diamond cut out. It's gorgeous! Those leaves just work perfectly with it! Your dad is going to love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, you had me at grey! This is so very lovely!! xx
=]

Handmade by Maxin said...

Nice combination of two greys colours 👌🥰😊

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous....loving that fog! Happy Birthday to your dad! I have read that New Zealand is doing a terrific job at keeping that virus at bay! Hope it continues!

Claire said...

This is absolutely stunning Karren - it caught my eye straight away over at FMS. Love the neutral colours you've used and those die cuts have gone on my wishlist!

Kim S said...

This is amazing! I love how the dies work together to make the diamond shape - then such beautiful "greenery"! Wonderful in gray. Thank you for coming up with our chat yesterday - we definitely need to do it again!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a striking masculine card, Karren! I love the elegance of the scripty font and linen card base...they work perfectly with your greenery!

It seems that your country is doing really well with the Covid virus...thank heaven! Stay safe and well, my friend!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a brilliant take on the sketch, Karren! I love those leaves popping out of the diamond shape and the classy neutral colors.

Claudia said...

Karen, what a lovely masculine card. I love the combo of colors and the way you have used the leaves plus the raindrops. I will duplicate for my son-in-law and he will adore it, too. Thanks.

Claudia

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What a stunner, Karren! Love the grays- perfect for a masculine card, and your use of the dies for the background. Fabulous!