Thursday 11 February 2021

Hello Happy

 It's time for another sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is Narelle Farrugia and she has a beautifully CAS sketch.  Here's my card:


The card base is Blueberry and I used Versamark ink and the Dots & Boxes background stamp to add some interest to the background.  The die-cut sentiment is stacked four high and has a fun retro look.  The rainbow stripes were made using various colours of cardstock and the Slimline Stripes dies. 


Finally I added a simple sentiment to go with the die-cut word.  I might give this to my DH for Valentine's Day.


Thanks for visiting!  The DT have created some gorgeous cards so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Dots & Boxes (Altenew), More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Wild Cherry, Coral Crush, Banana Split, Limelight, Blueberry, Lavender Fields (MFT) Paradise (Hero Arts), Black
Dies:  Bold Greetings (Altenew), Slimline Stripes (PinkFresh Studio)

Cheers
Karren





9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

HELLOOO! this card makes me happy! so does your fun rainbow strip!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome take on the sketch, Karren! I love the retro sentiment and the dots & boxes are really cool in the background! I also love the thin strips of cardstock you added in rainbow order...This card is perfect in every way and I think your hubby is going to love it, too!

Kim S said...

What a perfect combination of stamps and dies!! LOVE the rainbow stripe.

Linda Callahan said...

What a fun background and I love the stylish hello and the rainbow stripes!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic card Karren. Love the graphic look of the background and the retro looking die. The pop of colour with the rainbow stripe is prefect.

Jacquie Southas said...

What a cool background you created, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so cool! Those rainbow stripes look like they were a lot of work - but so worth the effort!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is fantastic Karren! I just love the background and that rainbow strip is so cheery! This card totally makes me happy!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this! The colours are fab and the multicoloured strip really pops!