Thursday 29 April 2021

Dad's Birthday

Hi and welcome to the latest sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches where our sketch hostess is Narelle Farrugia.  I went a bit collage-y to make this card for my dad's birthday.


I used a lot of products from The Greetery on this card.  On the large die-cut panel I stamped segments of a text stamp across the top left corner and splattered some ink.  I then die-cut the brick wall die and coloured the corners with Copics.

The postage stamps were stamped and die-cut and matted onto a panel I'd coloured with some Altenew ink.  I added some leaves and foliage in the top left and bottom rights segments


The sentiment was stamped with black ink and I added some hearts.  I also added glossy accents to the hearts.

Thanks for visiting!  Please check out the DT cards and have a go yourself!

Products used:

Stamps:  Pretty Postmarks, Petite Eucalyptus (The Greetery), Loads of Wishes (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Fog, Stone (SSS), Tranquility set (Altenew), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Fog (SSS), Whip Cream, White
Dies:  Brick Layer Die, Postal Frames (The Greetery); Detail Elm Leaves (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Glossy Accents

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, from the colors you've used, to all these wonderful postage images, and right down to the brick wall: FABULOUSNESS!!!
=]
p.s. I recently bought that brick die, and the postal set! How serendipitous that you've provided me with such gorgeous inspiration to use them! xx

Ali P said...


What a amazing design, so love the concept of it and the colours.
Have just been having a look see at blog contents. You work is so beautiful
and you have a fantastic eye for colours and design. Definitely a blog
that I will place on my follow list, and amazing that you are here in
NZ.

Barb Ghig said...

Another really beautiful card, Karren! Your color palette is stunning and I love how you layered all of the elements! I think I 'need' this brick layer die...the texture and dimension that it adds to your design is amazing :)

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Karren! I love all the elements and layers! I especially love the brick background. Your dad is going to love this card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love, love, love your collage-y card! You've created a wonderful card with all of those combined elements!

LeAnne said...

This is just gorgeous! Did you color the blue leaves with ink? I wish I could find some cardstock in exactly that color! Beautiful, I could look at it all day!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow so much to see here! I love everything you put together - it really is fabulous!

Cécile RIBON said...

This is a fabulous masculine design, Karren! You did an amazing collage job with so many stamping, die cutting and inking.