Thursday 24 June 2021

Ombre Note

Hi!  Today's sketch for Freshly Made Sketches is designed by Kim Singdahlsen and before we get to my card, I need to confess that I can't count!  Kim's sketch has 4 panels, my card has 5 - don't know what I was thinking!




This patterned paper in the background is all one sheet which has an ombre effect.  I die-cut selective areas to give me 5 distinctive colours that all work together.  I adhered them to a white card base and went to work on the rest of the card.


The envelope was stamped in gray ink as was the wee note tucked inside.  I stamped the liner in a colour to match the left-most patterned paper panel and the flowers were stamped to match the panels on the right hand side.  I finished with some sequins and a little heart sequin under the sentiment.


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the design team.
 
Products used:

Stamps:  Signed & Sealed, Lemon Blossom (The Greetery)
Ink:  Silver Lake, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Caramel Toffee (Altenew) Coral Reef, Passion Fruit, Peach Fuzz (Pink Fresh Studio)
Cardstock:  White, Happy Times Patterned Paper (CTMH)
Dies:   Signed & Sealed (The Greetery)
Accessories:  Just Peachy Sequins (Little Things)



6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Still looks awesome Karren. Lovely colour blocking and cute focal image.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is really gorgeous, Karren! I love your color palette (like a container of rainbow sherbert) and how you accented your sweet envie ~ Beautiful card, my friend!
By the way...I didn't realize you had 5 panels until you mentioned it :)

Linda Callahan said...

Your strategic die cutting made the perfect panels! SO bright and beautiful! And 5 is so close to 4...its all good...lol....Love the pretty envelope too!

Amy O said...

This is gorgeous! Those pretty colors make my heart so happy! I love everything about this beautiful card.

Jen Timko said...

Your color progression is perfect! Love this pretty envelope. What a wonderful card.

Kim S said...

I think you NEEDED all five panels to create that beautiful ombre look!! I love it behind that sweet envelope.