Friday 18 June 2021

Shades

 Hi!  I'm here with a card made for a few challenges.  It's been months since I made a card for something other than DT work and it felt good.  I've had the week off work and today spent some time with a friend teaching her how to make a card.  After she left, I made this card using some new goodies which just arrived.


The challenges I'm entering are the colour challenge at The Paper Players, the Just Add Two challenge at Just Add Ink, Addicted to CAS (Beach) and the Tic Tac Toe challenge (Any Colour, Free, CAS).

I just received this stamp set with the sunglasses and as these are the shape of shades that my daughter wears, I thought they'd make a great card for her.  In order to get the challenge colours in,  I chose the beach scene image and stamped it inside the specs before colouring with Copics.  I hope it's okay with The Paper Players crew that I used some light browns for sand?  Once coloured, I added some white gel pen to mimic the waves and foam on the beach.  I finished off the scene by colouring the water with clear sparkle pen.

Just Add Ink are looking for two of Stitching, Stripes and/or Paper Strips.  I used all three as the patterned paper strips are die-cut with a stitched die.

The card base was embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder (I can't seem to stop using that thing - mine actually broke in two and is now held together with purple tape!)





Thanks for visiting!  It felt good to stamp just for the fun of it instead of for DT cards.









Products used:

Stamps:  Spectacular Adventures (Altenew)
Ink:  Amalgam
Cardstock:  X-Press It, Ripe Raspberry, B&W Stripes, Proper Pinstripe (MFT)
Dies:  Vertical Stitched Stripes (MFT), Spectacular Adventures, Inline Alpha Dies (Altenew)
Accessories:  Copics, Subtle EF (SU), White Gel Pen, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at The Paper Players and Just Add Ink




15 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is so FABULOUS!!!!!! I am a beach lover and this card makes me SMILE!!!!! Those scenic sunglasses are just so fun and the way you used my colors is amazing! So happy you joined my color challenge this week at The Paper Players!!!

Fran Wing said...

Hello, Karren
You posed quite a challenge to yourself by incorporating elements from several different challenges - but you managed very nicely! Thank you for including us at Addicted to CAS.
xoxo Fran

I Card Everyone said...

Well done, Karren! Welcome back! xx
=]

Amanda Mertz said...

This card is so fun and I love how you used the reflected scene with our challenge colors; it's perfect! And the big 'hey' seems perfect for a teen! I'll have to check that out because it gets used a lot at my house lol! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

Patrice said...

It's so good to see you! How lovely that you created something just because....that's always fun. Great card...love those sunnies. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Add Ink & I really hope to see your gorgeous creations again soon. xx

Linda Callahan said...

Now these are cool sunglasses! Such a delightful summery card! And if I were you neighbor I would be hounding you every day to make a card with me and teach me a thing or two~

Jaydee said...

I love those glasses and that fabulous scene. Beautifully colored, too. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
jaydee

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous Karren. Love your design and those glasses are incredible.

Chantell Randall said...

Great card - The colours work perfectly for this fun tropical theme. Chantell Just Add Ink

Karen M said...

Brilliant card, Karren. I love those shades with the beach scene. Gorgeous colours too. Love it!

Celeste Goff said...

This card is simply amazing!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card, Karren! I love the beach scene and that you chose to color the water with your sparkle pen! Great choice of alphas, too...I often forget to use mine...thanks for the reminder!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS! We always enjoy seeing your cards in the gallery :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

You have the coolest sets! This card is so creative with a fab mix of colours and fun shades. Love it!

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

OMG! Can I say FABULOUS!!!! I love the beach scene on the cool sunglasses. thank you for playing along with us this week over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a fabulous card Karren! Love the bright fun colours and the fantastic mix of patterned paper. The beach scene on the glasses is super fun! Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo