Thursday 16 December 2021

Celebrating My Boy

 Hi and welcome!  Our sketch hostess this week over at Freshly Made Sketches is Narelle Farrugia and she has a great sketch for us.  Here's what I did with it:


I had need of a birthday card for my son, who would have been turning 24 this week.  Even though he's not here anymore, I still make him a birthday card, like I did for nearly all of the 21 years he was here (I started card-making seriously when he was about 4).

Instead of circles, I had the idea to use triangles for the card and then came the challenge of choosing colours.  Originally I went with various shades of gray/blues but it looked too dull, so I pulled out a new Altenew colour, Tanzanite and paired that with Enchanted Gold.

After stamping and die-cutting the triangles, I stamped the sentiment and then covered it with a scrap of paper before flicking on some Enchanted Gold ink and some blue/gold paint.


I arranged the triangles, popping some up with foam tape and then finished the card with some clear droplets.




Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Triangle Pattern Builder, Art Deco (Neat & Tangled)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Tanzanite, Enchanted Gold (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT), Triangle Pattern Builder (Neat & Tangled)
Accessories:  Clear Droplets

Cheers
Karren


7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Happy Heavenly birthday to your darling boy, Karren! I'm betting he loves the color choices you've made for him - I sure do... and the triangles, too!
=]

Dawn T said...

What a superb tribute Karren. My heart goes out to you at this time. Hang it there Karren. It's a great card.

stampingbowd said...

How very fun to change the circles to triangles! Such a beautiful masculine card! You used a gorgeous color combo.

Greta said...

Birthdays are hard when loved ones are gone. You've honored him beautifully with this creative use of the sketch, Karren. I love the colors, triangles & splatters!

Kim S said...

Such a perfect masculine card in memory of your son. He is lucky to have been loved so completely in life and beyond.

Judy Rozema said...

I adore this! The triangles are brilliant, and the splatters really pull everything together. Sending you love as you celebrate and remember.

Linda Callahan said...

He is worth celebrating for sure - a stylish way to remember him!