Thursday 3 March 2022

Playing Cards

Hi and welcome!  I'm thrilled to be playing cards today with my friend from across the world, Michele Ferguson.  Michele invited me to play cards with her and the guideline for this challenge was to celebrate National OLD Stuff Day! and play with stamps older than 5 years.  I immediately thought of my poor, neglected wood-mounted stamps that I started collecting back in circa 2001 when I first started stamping.  And what fun it was to go through those drawers and decide what I was going to use.  I ended up using three wood-mounted stamps to make this card.


So my first challenge in making this card was finding my Stamp-a-majig because the Misti wasn't going to work 😆  Once I found it, I stamped the background stamp multiple times on a panel of X-Press It cardstock using London Fog Memento ink (Copic-friendly).  I then stamped the bucket of tulips over the top and coloured with my Copics.


The final stamp was the Penny Black sentiment.  I die-cut the panel with a postage frame die and foam-mounted it onto a Fog cardbase that I'd run through my die-cutting machine with the Subtle embossing folder.  I finished with some soft gray enamel dots.



Thanks so much for visiting and a huge thanks to Michele for inviting me to play cards with her.  I'm heading over to her blog now to check out her card.  And you never know, Michele, one day we might be able to play cards in person!

Products used:

Stamps:  Bucket of Tulips K-1695 (PSX from 2001), Manuscript Background H2141 (Hero Arts from 2001), Thank You 2421F (Penny Black from 2002)
Ink:  London Fog (Memento), Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Fog (SSS), X-Press It
Dies:  Postal Frames (The Greetery)
Accessories:  Copics, Enamel Dots, Subtle EF (SU)

Cheers
Karren

 

17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Playing Cards in person would be a most wonderful dream come true, Karren! But I'm equally thrilled that you accepted my invitation to do so virtually!
I'm so thrilled to see your copic skills come out today - and TULIPS? Do you know they are my favorite??
I have a number of these wood-mounted stamps AND a stamp-a-ma-jig but put them away so long ago I would know where to begin finding them! Karren, these were a wonderful choice for Old Stuff Day, and they still stamp like they were made yesterday!
Now I know you are still sound asleep - I hope you have tons of love waiting for you when you wake! xx
=]

Amy O said...

What a fun challenge, and what a gorgeous card!

Marcia Hill said...

Hi Karren...I'm popping over from Michele's blog, and your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers, and Michele wasn't kidding when she said you were a master at coloring with Copics!! The shading you achieved is FABULOUS!! Lovely, lovely card and YAY for old wooden stamps...I have a few myself!! :0)

Mac Mable said...

Popping over from Michele's blog and so glad I did as this is one beautiful card with amazing colouring x. The deep colours of the tulips look fabulous x.

conil said...

Love it when Michele plays cards because I often find a cardmaker who is new to me and who's work is fabulous. Just like this time...Michele is right, you are a Copic genius. Those tulips are so beautifully colored in that rich, warm color. Juxtaposing the bouquet against the grey background makes my heart happy. The resulting composition is a complete stunner.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow - over the top amazing! I got rid of most of my wood stamps but I think my stampamajig is around somewhere! Your flowers are so deep and richly colored - gorgeous! Fabulous against your background!

Leslie Miller said...

Look at those beautiful old stamps, and your coloring is sublime! I have many old wood block stamps, myself. These are keepers! It's good to meet you, Karren. I stopped over from Michele's blog and I had a very nice visit!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Karen, what a stunning card! I love how you combined all the elements into such a special design, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Karren! I just popped over from Michele's blog to check out your card. It's beautiful! Love the deep rich color of the flowers paired with the soft gray. I know she's a tulip girl and a lover of all things gray, so this must have made her very happy!

Dawn T said...

Love it Karren. I've been getting out some older stamps this week! Your card is stunning. Love those tulips

Cat Craig said...

I’m popping over from Michele’s blog. Your card is gorgeous and your coloring fabulous.

Stef Perry said...

Karren, I loved seeing that you are Michele's card making play date this month! And what a treat to see your card where you used those lovely wood stamps and colored the deep red tulips so beautifully! So smart to still have your Stamp-a-Ma-Jig on hand (I think I gave mine away when I got my Misti 🤷‍♀️). Gorgeous card!

cosie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cosie said...

Just found your blog after checking out FMS 525 and love that you used old stamps. I have been taking the ones I love of the wood mounts with a product I bought at Bunnings. Can't remember the name but it is a spray that de-solves the glue and hasn't damaged the stamps. I use EZ Mount Stamp N'Stor on the back after I wash them in warm soapy water. They then can be used in Misti.
Have a friend that just uses removable tape and it works for her.

Brenda said...

Came over from Michele's to see your card from you ladies playdate. Love your card!!! It is stunning, the beautiful scripty background and those lovely tulips will bring delight! I love the way you have colored them, Michele said you were an expert at coloring and yes, I can definitely see that! I feel like I can reach out and pluck a tulip right out that bucket! Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

I'm popping over from Michele's blog. Your tulips are gorgeous, Karren! Amazing Copics coloring! The script stamp in the background is a really wonderful touch!
Hideko xx

Jeanne H said...

What a gorgeous card! Lucky you having that tulip stamp!