Tuesday 1 March 2022

Blue and Yellow

 I made this card as my small way to show support for Ukraine and what they are having to endure at present.  Ukraine's colours are blue and yellow so I coloured up some yellow poppies and popped them onto a blue ink-blended background.


My heart breaks for all the heartache and fear in the world and in particular in Ukraine.  I don't begin to understand what drives these actions, and am grateful I don't, because understanding would bring me one step closer to condoning, which I absolutely can't.  

So I turned to making cards.  These flowers were coloured with Copics and die-cut with the matching die.  I also coloured the centre poppy again and fussy-cut it out before popping it up with foam tape for added dimension.



For the background, I used a rectangle masking stencil and ink-blended Speckled Egg Distress Ink, fading off in the top right corner.  Before removing the stencil, I spritzed on some mica spray and flicked on some Faded Jeans Distress ink.  The sentiment was white-embossed onto black and added directly to the card base.




Thanks so much for visiting.  Please keep the people of Ukraine in your thoughts as they journey through this time of fear and loss.

Products used:

Stamps:  Poppy Arrangement (Altenew), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versamark, Faded Jeans, Speckled Egg Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Poppy Arrangement (Altenew)
Accessories:  Copics, Tarnished Brass Distress Mica Spray, Making Rectangle Stencil (Taylored Expressions), White EP, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Karren. And great to send strength and prayers to the people of Ukraine. Incomprehensible that Russia could do this.