Thursday 6 April 2023

Peach Flowers

 Hi and welcome.  Today's card is for the latest challenge from the Freshly Made Sketches team and our hostess this week is Jen Mitchell.  Jen has given us a sketch perfect for colour blocking, but that's not what I did!


This card is totally not what I had planned, but after seeing this blog post from Kristina Werner, I had to try my hand at this technique.  I chose some Peach Bellini cardstock and an Altenew stamp and stencil set and set to work.  Once the stamping and stenciling was finished, I cut the panel into four pieces to match the sketch and adhered the pieces to a white card base with foam tape.


I finished the card with an already-foiled sentiment and called it done!

Thanks so much for visiting.  The design team have some fabulous cards so be sure to check them out.


I'm linking this card up to The Flower Challenge where the focus is on background stamping.  I hope this is considered background stamping.  It covers the whole background, so I'm going with yes 😄




Products used:

Stamps:  In the Woodland (Altenew)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Unicorn White, Hero Arts, Seafoam, Clay Mask, Polished (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Peach Bellini (MFT)
Dies:  Modest Greetings 1 (Poppy Stamps)
Accessories:  In the Woodland stencils (Altenew), Gold Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren



13 comments:

Jeanne H said...

A lovely card with the great sketch. Well done!

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Karren! I love those flowers! Your colouring is amazing! Just so pretty!

Ida said...

This is gorgeous. Those colors look amazing together.

Lisa Elton said...

What a marvelous way to use this sketch! Pretty card, Karren!

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Karren. Love the flower on the peach bellini card.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors of the pretty flowers and how you cut it to match the sketch.

Jen Mitchell said...

We ended up with same idea for this sketch! I love to cut up stamped images - although I'm nervous when I do it! I love how you to chose to use complementary colors for the background and the flowers. Such a great look!

Kim S said...

I love the beautiful flowers you created then cut into the four panels! It's so soft and lovely.

Aileen said...

Love how you have done this card Karren love the inspiration. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Carol L said...

Those stenciled images are just beautiful and I love how the background matches the flower colors. A beautiful take on the sketch with a fabulous resulting card!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous stamping and stenciling job, Karren! This floral image is gorgeous.

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful stenciling! I love the images!

Nancy Penir said...

A beautiful card, Karren, with those gorgeous flowers! So happy you joined us at The Flower Challenge!