Thursday 27 July 2023

Letterpress Hello

 
Hi and welcome to another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is Judy Rozema.  Judy has a wonderful CAS sketch for us that asks for a lot of white space.  Here's what I did with the sketch:


I jumped on the Betterpress bandwagon as soon as they were available in New Zealand but hadn't really done too much with it.  I decided that big open area on the top of the sketch was perfect for this big hello so I put that through the Betterpress system using the pebble paper.  I then die-cut the panel with a curved die, which in hindsight wasn't a great idea because it flattened the letterpress effect somewhat.  I added a strip of Blueberry cardstock under the curve to match the colour of the butterflies.



The butterflies were already pressed onto porcelain paper from an earlier play, so I grabbed a couple of Prismacolor pencils and quickly coloured them up before die-cutting them.  And that's it!

Thanks so much for visiting.  The DT have some great inspiration so please check them out.

Products used:

Ink:  Betterpress Black (Spellbinders)
Cardstock:  White, Blueberry (MFT), Pebble Betterpress Paper, Porcelain Betterpress Paper (Spellbinders)
Dies:  Butterfly Swirl, Hello Betterpress plates (Spellbinders), Stitched Basic Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  Prismacolor pencils

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, it's beautiful! Yes, so perfect for this fun Sketch!
Hey, as long as I don't bump the plates, I have had good luck with running them through again - maybe if you lined up the top edge you could do the same after die-cutting? Worth a try - it's only paper!
=]

martina's kaartjes said...

this looks great ! great card,
greetings, martina

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous, love the addition of the little butterflies too.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, I like the blues!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is so lovely Karren! I wondered about the Betterpress and it truly is beautiful! I love those butterflies and the little pops of blue! I don't need a Betterpress, I don't need a Betterpress, I don't need a Betterpress...

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Karren. I'm trying to hold out on the Betterpress but keep seeing all these beautiful projects

kiwimeskreations said...

Such an elegant greeting Karren, and a beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

Kim S said...

Such a beautiful sentiment - and I love how you paired it with those sweet butterflies!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Just fabulous Karren -that sentiment is so elegant!

AndreaH said...

🤣😂. I keep telling myself this too. Have you caved in yet? X X