Thursday 6 July 2023

Bridge Card Celebration

 Hi and welcome to our newest sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches where this week I am the hostess.  I designed my sketch as a way to encourage me to make a fun-fold card - specifically a bridge card.  If you are unfamiliar with bridge cards check out Jennifer McGuire's Bridge Card Video.  I'll wait 😄



I went a bit rogue with the centre panel but when I found this NBUS hot foil and die set, I really wanted to use it, so I did.  The background is hot-foiled and stenciled with green shades and then cut into panels to fit the card base.  


I then foiled, coloured and die-cut the floral images as well as the diamond frame which is popped up on the diamond background.  The sentiment is a reverse hot-foiled sentiment from Pink Fresh.


This was really quite an easy fun-fold so maybe I should venture into more card designs that aren't your standard A2.  Thanks for visiting.  Please head over and check out the gorgeous cards made by the design team.




Products used:

Cardstock:  White
Ink:  Iced Spruce Distress Ink, Wintergreen, Sage, Martini (Catherine Pooler)
Dies:  Diamond Floral Frame,  Geometric Optical Background (Spellbinders), Wonderful Sentiments (Pink Fresh)
Accessories:  Copper Hot Foil, Black Hot Foil, Copics, Geometric Optical Background Stencils (Spellbinders)

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

I'm in love with this bridge card technique, Karren! Your design with the foiling and stenciling is so lovely and elegant.

I Card Everyone said...

I have only made one 'fun fold' card - a shadow box might qualify? Your beautiful card makes me very curious to try one, Karren!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a gorgeous card and fabulous take on the sketch. Love the fold and the diamond shape and flowers, with all the gold foiling.
Faith x

Linda Callahan said...

I have no words for this gorgeous card! I am in awe at the backgrounds you create - I wouldn't know where to start! My card looks like the circus came to town but I had fun trying to make it happen! I still miss Fusion because you always made me streeeettttcccch......

Lisa Elton said...

I've never seen a bridge card, but yours is marvelous! So very pretty, Karren!

Nancy said...

This is stunning, Karren! I have been on your blog for ten minutes at least just staring at it. I do have a question. How did you do the background stenciling? I didn't know the Spellbinders foil plate came with a stencil. It looks incredible! I am so impressed!

Dawn T said...

stunning Karren. This is such a fun technique - and yours is so elegant. Love it!

Kim S said...

I love your beautiful use of the bridge card idea! Such a lovely background you created and I love all of the golden accents.

Claire said...

An absolute stunner Karren - love that stencilled background! Will have to try a bridge card...always been a bit lazy when it comes to fun-fold cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

Simply exquisite, Karren
Blessings
Maxine

paper bag create said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the green with the golds and love the fun fold! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Jeanne H said...

I too love this card with the green and gold. Have this die so I'd better get busy! tfs

Amy O said...

Definitely a WOW card! That stenciled background and the foiling are just amazing. Thanks for the great sketch and the lesson on a different fold.