Thursday, 13 August 2026

Cosmos Celebration

Hi!  Today's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches was designed by Jen Brum.  I used it to make a birthday card for my youngest sister.


I die-cut and ink-blended some Altenew cosmos flowers and set them aside while I worked on the background.  Onto a Rouge panel, I dry embossed a brick embossing folder and adhered it to a white card base.  I then cut a white panel into two angled pieces and, after hot foiling the sentiment, I attached a thin strip of gold foil to each angled edge.


The angled panels were adhered with foam tape and then I arranged the flowers and leaves.

Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.






Products used:

Ink:  Apricot Frost, Citronella (Altenew), Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Rouge (Altenew), Gold Matte Foil
Dies:  Garden Cosmos (Altenew), Celebrate hot foil (Pink Fresh)
Accessories: Gold hot foil, Rustic Brick Embossing Folder (Honey Bee Stamps)

Cheers
Karren

If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You are brilliant, Karren! I never would have seen that diagonal as open space, but you did - and your design couldn't be more fantastic! LOve the gold and the brick with your lovely Cosmos!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card and a great take on the sketch, Cathy x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with those lovely flowers. I love how you made the angled cut and added the gold strips. Great take on the sketch.

Jen Brum said...

This is just gorgeous Karren! Those flowers are so pretty and I love the brick embossing peeking out. That delicate sentiment is the icing on the cake!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Karren! I love how you tucked the cosmos into the diagonal of the sketch. A unique and gorgeous idea!

Amy O said...

What gorgeous flowers! I love how they peek out of the panels.

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card!

Cécile RIBON said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! This is pure elegance !