Thursday, 10 September 2026

Focus

Hi all and thanks for dropping by.  I am the sketch hostess this week over at Freshly Made Sketches and, fair to say, my card is nothing like I imagined when I designed the sketch!  


This die set was in my NBUS box.  I had placed quite a few orders that didn't arrive until after my husband passed, so they sat untouched for several weeks before I felt up to organising them.  Slowly, I am starting to use them and I thought the sketch would work for this die set.

Onto a Velvet card panel, I stenciled with some coloured grit paste and a text-y stencil.  While that was drying, I set about making the View-Master reel.  I die-cut the reel from Desert Storm cardstock and a black base, then die-cut individual images from patterned paper.  The sentiment was embossed with embossing glaze and die-cut before being added to the centre of the reel.


I did add some light ink-blending around the outside of the reel to age it a bit.

The film strips were die-cut with black and haphazardly placed onto the stenciled panel to sort-of mimic the sketch.  I added the reel with foam tape and called it done.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll play along.  Make sure you check out how the rest of the DT have interpreted the sketch.










Products used:

Stamps: Be Your Beautiful Self (SSS)
Ink: Versamark, Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Cardstock: Black, Desert Storm, Velvet (Altenew), Curated Palette Collection (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Vault Picture Show (Tim Holtz), Artful Palette (SSS)
Accessories: 755 Street stencil (13@rts), Distress Grit Paste, Aged Mahogany Distress Spray Stain

Cheers
Karren

If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me


1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

I love that you're feeling more ready to use those products, Karren. Viewfinders were surely a part of my childhood - I love seeing that reel here in your fantastic sketch!
=]