Sunday 22 March 2015

Awesome Day

Our challenge this week at The Paper Players comes from LeAnne and she has a fabulous sketch for us.



I pulled out So 80's and some orange embossing powder for my card and worked from there.



I did a bit of clear-embossing on the card base to break up the black.  On the sentiment panel, I embossed the word "Awesome" first with Tangerine Tango EP, then the "Hope your day is" in white.  Over top of that, I clear embossed the pattern.

I die-cut some tags and threaded some grey twine through them before sticking them down onto the card.  The star stamp was clear-embossed and then cut out.




Thanks for visiting.  I'm linking this to the current challenge at Just Us Girls to use black, white and one other color. Check out how the rest of the design team have used this cool sketch.



Products used:

Stamps:  So 80's (WP9)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Black, White, This n That Epic Day, Night & Day (SU)
Accessories:  Clear EP, White EP, Tangerine Tango EP, twine, Candy Dot, Tiny Tags die (SSS)

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Samra said...

Gorgeous card Karren!!! Love the color combo.

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, I just love the embossing on the black! The tags are just so fun and the color combo is fabulous! XX

laurie said...

What a great idea, love the texture. Awesome card!

LeAnne said...

Wowza, this is amazing! All your embossing just really takes this card up to the next level--a great masculine card too! Thanks for rockin' my sketch!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty! I love the black, white and pink combo. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Awesome design! I really like that clear embossing on the background paired with the white and Tangerine Tango. Way to rock these challenges. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely use of the sketch using our colors Tha KS for joining in at JUGS

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Karren! So many wonderful details! I LOVE the embossing on the black paper...an "awesome" idea!

Debbie Mageed said...

Wonderful card! I so love the boldness of the colors and stamps together!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karren this card is truly awesome! It has a real funky,masculine feel and the embossing on the black in particular really gives this card a 'wow'.

stampwithsandy said...

This card is awesome, Karren! Love the fun name for this stamp set and you've totally captured the 80's feel. Great guy card.

Jaydee said...

Karren, I love all that texture on the card base and those tags are the perfect pop of color in the front. Great take on the sketch
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Karren, your card is...well...it's just awesome! I love the embossing on the background. Such a great touch that adds so much texture and dimension. Love that loopy twine, too. You rocked this sketch! :)