Sunday 29 March 2015

Paris Style

Hi!  Today's card uses the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch as well as the "style" theme at CASology.



I went for a postage stamp look on my card but I didn't have a postage stamp die the right size.  I only had a big huge Mama Elephant one, so I had to do lots of partial die-cutting to try and come up with the right size.  

The stamp I used is a very old one from Hero Arts called Style de Luxe.  The actual stamp does have a postage stamp edge, but I cut that off so I could add a blue layer behind the stamped image.  



I stamped the image twice and colored the lady with Copics before cutting her out.  I stuck her onto the main image with glue dots so she doesn't sit too high.  I then layered that onto some blue card from SSS (Island Blue?) before sticking it down to the postage stamp piece.

I wanted a small one line sentiment so chose the greeting from Poppy Birthday.  Looking at the card now, I'd probably move it all down a bit if I could have a do-over, but that black piece is stuck down with foam tape and ain't budging!

Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Style de Luxe (Hero Arts), Poppy Birthday (Verve)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, Island Blue (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella, Peek-a-Frame die (Mama Elephant)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CASology.

6 comments:

Marika said...

Very wonderful way to combine those two challenges!! Wow! Stylish!

Unknown said...

Oh, I think this is beautiful, stylish, and well worth your partial die-cutting efforts! That blue border adds just the right amount of pop, and the overall postage stamp design feels so classy. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing your very stylish creation with us over at CASology this week!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Becca Cruger said...

Ooooo la la! Super chic!

Melissa said...

Style defined!!! Perfect! :)
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Unknown said...

Love the postage stamp look, it works so well with this image. Karen x