Sunday 1 March 2015

Dragonfly

This week's challenge at The Paper Players comes from Laurie, who is challenging us to Think Spring.  Now where I live, we're heading into Autumn, but I can imagine Spring no problem :)



I decided to go with some orange and yellow tones for my card, to create the feeling of warmth.


I sponged Tangelo Twist and Daffodil Delight ink over the Diamond Circles Stencil.  Once I was happy with the coverage, I then stamped the sentiment in black ink.  The dragonfly die was cut from both Tangelo Twist and black cardstock.  I finished off the card with some sequins and called it done!


Thanks for visiting.  The design team have some wonderful Spring inspiration for you so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Beautiful Butterflies (PTI)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight (SU)
Cardstock:  White, Tangelo Twist, Black
Accessories:  Dragonfly die (Clearly Besotted), Snowdrift Sequins (SSS), Diamond Circles Stencil (SSS)

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful card Karren... I just love the circle background ! it looks great with the dragonfly!

Kim S said...

You've used that stencil beautifully! It's a lovely backdrop to the dragonfly. The style of the sentiment is just perfect for the card.

Linda Callahan said...

Love that background! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Karren, your card is so gorgeous, I just had to CASE it just now! I'll be putting it up on my blog soon...hope you don't mind.
Hugs,
Sunshine Sharon

Nance Leedy said...

Karren, this is stunning! The stenciled background is spectacular--love the blend of colors. Love the layered dragonfly and the sequins are the perfect amount of sparkle. Fabulous!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Another CAS masterpiece Karren - I love that blended stencilled background, the perfect base for your dragonfly. Love those sequins too - they are almost reflecting the colours of your card. Gorgeous!

Debbie Mageed said...

I am truly in awe of this creation! What a cool idea! I am guessing you are in Oz then? I didn't know that! I have a daughter who emigrated there 3 1/2 years ago, so I hope to visit there this year. Anyway, truly lovely card!

stampwithsandy said...

I really love your gorgeous stenciled background, Karren! I also love the warm tones and the little die cut dragonfly, a sure sign of warm weather!

Jen Mitchell said...

You are killing me with that dragonfly. I thought I was over the moon about butterflies but now I see that I've been missing the boat by leaving dragonflies out of my stash. (You've clearly been hanging around Cindy Lovell too much) :) I absolutely love everything about this card!

laurie said...

The background is so pretty, just perfect for the dragonfly. What a perfect spring card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Karren! I absolutely love the detail in that stamped background. The dragonfly is the perfect finishing touch! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow this is just stunning Karren!

Marika said...

Beautiful card, Karren! The stencilled background looks great but the must I like the dragonfly!!

Linda Beeson said...

I love that background, so striking

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful, Karren! I love your bold butterfly against your softly stenciled background!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, your stenciled background is gorgeous! The dramatic dragonfly is stunning! I love it! XX

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Karren! I love the warm colors. You have fabulous spritzing skills.

Jaydee said...

Karren, we had so many dragonflies in our prairie garden last year and your card made me think back to those warm, sunny days! Thank you:-) I have to have this die! Your card is beautifully composed and the sequins are the perfect finishing touch
hugs
jaydee