Tuesday 10 March 2015

Blue Snowflakes

Hi and welcome to Merry Monday.  This week our hostess, Debbie, has challenged us to make a blue monochromatic card.


I took inspiration from the background of the graphic above and came up with this card:


I taped down a snowflake stencil to a piece of white card and spritzed it with Heidi Swapp Teal Color Shine.  I quite like the mottled and subtle effect it gave.  I cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die and stuck it to a white card base.

The rest of the card was pretty easy to finish - I stamped the sentiment with Audrey Blue ink and die-cut a couple of snowflakes.  The last step was to finish it off with a Frosted Finishes embellishment.

Thanks for visiting.  Check out the blue beauties created by the rest of the design team.

Products Used:

Stamps:  Winter Wonderland (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Audrey Blue (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Audrey Blue
Accessories:  Heidi Swapp Teal Color Shine, Winter Snowflake Lace Stencil (Memory Box), Rizza, Lindeman dies (Memory Box), Stitched Rectangle die (Lil' Inkers), Frosted Finishes Embellishment (SU)

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE your snowflake Karren! It;s great the way you 'blinged' it and that beautiful background is awesome! Hazel xx

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so pretty Karren, your snowflake and background are beautiful.

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous card, Karren. Your background panel is beautiful, and I bet much more so in real life. If I can squeeze in the time I am going to try to play along with this challenge, too!

Bonnie said...

I have this stencil sitting on my table to use! Now that I see this, I'm really excited to get to work with it! Love the wide white border that frames the snowflakes and that snowflake dressed with the elegant charm! Hope you have a great week, Karren!

Jessi Fogan said...

Audrey blue! Such an evocative name for that colour! I love the background & that gorgeous charm! Thanks so much for having me along as GD this week :)

Nancy said...

This is so pretty Karren! I love coming by and seeing your beautiful work!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is gorgeous, Karren!! Have a great week!

Marika said...

Beautiful holiday card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

SO pretty!!!!!!!

Deanne :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Such a wonderful sentiment and love the technique you used! Just beautiful!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the soft blues and the pretty technique!

Wendy said...

Your card is beautiful, Karren! I just love the colors of your soft blue background and all those snowflakes! Such a pretty design! :)

Unknown said...

What an interesting background! Wow, great card! Hugs, Anita

Unknown said...

What an interesting background! Wow, great card! Hugs, Anita