Sunday 8 March 2015

Hey There, Cupcake

Hey there, cupcake :)  Welcome to The Paper Players challenge, where this week Anne Marie has a color challenge for us.  Check it out:



And here's my card...


I used this week's Fall To Layout for my layout. As well, I had to join in on the 200th challenge at Friday Mashup!  Congrats to the team on 200 challenges!  The two challenges I chose were #89 Heat Embossing and #178 Stitching.

To make my card, I white-embossed both the cupcake and the sentiment onto a Crumb Cake card base.  I then colored the cupcake with Hero Arts Unicorn white ink.  Once it was dry, I lightly colored the image with Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron and Wild Wasabi ink.


The icing on the cupcake started to pill a bit because I worked it too much so I camouflaged that by painting on some Wink of Stella.

For the side panel, I die cut one of the dies from the Speech Trio set. I then got out the sewing machine and stitched it to the card base.  

And that's pretty much it!  Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out how the rest of the design team have used these pretty colors.




Products used:

Stamps:  Cutie Pie (CTMH)
Ink:  Versamark, Hero Arts Unicorn White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron (SU)
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake
Accessories:  White EP, Speech Trio dies (Mama Elephant), Wink of Stella, sewing machine

Cheers
Karren

26 comments:

Hannelie said...

Oh I LOVE this color combination Karren! You did a great job using them!
Just Yummy!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love it! Your colouring looks as perfect as that cupcake and I love your speech bubble die!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so cute! Loving the stitching.......am I the only one who can't sew? Sigh......

Debbie Mageed said...

What a sweet little cupcake you made! Love how you used the colors in it and your details are wonderful!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is so fun! Love the speech bubble and your sewing! The cupcake looks perfect in these colors! XX

Unknown said...

Pretty! I love the stitching detail and your cupcake looks good enough to eat!!

Kim P said...

I absolutely LOVE how you colored your cupcake! Great sketch too.

Thanks for helping us celebrate #200 at The Friday Mashup!

Natasha said...

That is a great colour combo! i love your take on the sketch!!

Patrice said...

That stitched speech bubble looks awesome! Love how you coloured your cupcake - anything on Crumb Cake is pretty fantastic - and thank goodness for Wink of Stella cover-up lol. x

laurie said...

So cute and fun! I love the white embossing!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I always love white embossing, especially on kraft. I guess it's called Crumb Cake but it looks similar to kraft. I like the word bubble too! I'm new to the Friday Mashup but I'm joining the celebration too!

Nance Leedy said...

Love how you used the speech bubble as a border, Karren! So clever! I've never tried coloring over white on Crumb Cake but your card is inspiring me. Such a sweet creation with these colors--great job!

Leslie Miller said...

This is cute! I love your clean and simple style!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Karren! I LOVE the word bubble...and the way you colored the cupcake. This is such a cute image!

stampwithsandy said...

Love your stitched speach bubble, Karren. So cool! And who doesn't like a card with a cupcake!

Unknown said...

super sweet card! i want to eat that cupcake! great job mashing up the challenges for the friday mashup! thanks for joining in the celebration!
~tracey

brrenwick said...

Very sweet card! I love the coloring on the craft paper! Thanks for joining in the FMU celebration!!

Lorraine said...

Yum! What a sweet little cupcake.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous card Karren - using the speech bubble as the border is a stroke of genius, so clever!

LeAnne said...

SO cool.....love that stitched panel and your cupcake is just so sweet! One of my favorite techniques!

D- said...

Yummy. LoVe your sweet card. Thanks for sharing.
I spotted you over at Friday Mash Up.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Anne Marie Hile said...

Karren, that s the cutest little cupcake ever! Love how you colored the image on kraft card stock and the stitched detail is perfection. Such a cheery card!

Lisa said...

Very pretty, love the stitching!

Thanks for joining the celebration at The Friday Mashup!

Jaydee said...

Karren, I love how you used the speech die on the vertical and it's perfectly placed for the sentiment and that fabulous cupcake. Love it
hugs
jaydee

Mary-Anne V said...

Just love colouring on kraft...great use of the challenge colours.

Tara Bourgoin said...

I love the stitching around the word bubble - such a sweet card :) Thanks for sharing with us and joining in our 200th celebration at The Friday Mashup!