Thursday 5 March 2015

Long Thank You

I'm back with another card for Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Cindy Hall, who makes the most beautiful cards!

Cindy has a fantastic sketch for us this week - a long card!  Love it!


I decided to take a stamp-free approach to this sketch and came up with this card:


I used the Little Letters dies by Stampin' Up to cut out the word Thank You from white cardstock.  I then discarded the die-cut letters and used the negative.  After cutting the scalloped edge, I popped that layer up with foam tape onto a card base that had some striped paper adhered to it.  A bit of matching twine and the card was done!  Quick and easy!



Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some fabulous cards made using this sketch so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Just Add Cake paper
Accessories:  Little Letters dies (SU), Large Scallop die (SU), Yellow Twine

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Karen M said...

Oh this is so lovely, Karren! i especially like the way you used the negative over the paper, sweet! Kx

Hannelie said...

So simple, but oh wow, so effective Karren!
Love this!

Linda Callahan said...

Tres chic! And those letters are perfectly aligned! Love the stripes

Linda Callahan said...

Peeking through......

Jen Mitchell said...

It may have been quick and easy but the end result is pretty fabulous! I love when pretty things show through negative die cuts!

Amy O said...

Simple and perfect! However, it wouldn't have been so simple for me as I never would have been able to align those letters so perfectly. Great card, Karren!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this! So sweet and happy! I love this sketch too...it's snowing today and I plan on stamping MOST OF THE DAY, so this is on my to-do list!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So cool and so CLEVER Karren! LOVE it! Thanks for the inspiration over at FMS. Have a great day. Hazel xx

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Karren! Love those die cut letters! So clean and so elegant!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love this simple yet eye catching and striking design, Karren! You really have a wonderful CAS style. It has been so fun to watch your style change over time. Have a wonderful week!

Cindy Lovell said...

This card is fabulous,Karren!! I love the striped paper...i love the whole card!! Awesome job!!

Greta said...

I absolutely love the look of your card, Karren!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is gorgeous! I love how you've kept your card stamping free - your alignment of the dies is spot on!

Cindy Hall said...

There you go again... being an enabler! I thought I could live without these dies, but I think I may have been wrong. This card is fabulous! I know it couldn't have been easy spacing and aligning the die cut-outs so perfectly. This card is the perfect example of clean and fresh, and I LOVE it!