Sunday 15 March 2015

Bluebells

It's late Sunday afternoon here in New Zealand and I spent most of the afternoon stamping - a perfect Sunday :)  I decided I wanted to do some Copic coloring as I haven't done much at all since I started work in January and I felt really rusty.  My first attempt will show up down the track as it was a future design team commitment, but this was my second attempt and I'm pleased that the technique was starting to come back.


I used the sketch from Fusion and the colors from Color Throwdown for this card.  What you can't see in the photo is that down each side of the grey panel I have scored two lines 1/4" apart.  This adds a bit of interest as I couldn't figure out how to handle that panel in the sketch.

The flowers were stamped and colored with Copics then cut out using the matching die.  I cut a piece of Blue Violet cardstock as that was the closest match to the colors and white embossed the sentiment.  Looking back at the challenge colors, I got my purples a bit dark, but I hope it is still okay.



To finish off the card, I tied some white baker's twine around the grey panel and curled the ends.

Thanks for visiting.  



Products used:

Stamps:  Fresh Flowers (Clearly Besotted), Strictly Sentiments (WP9)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-press It, Smoky Slate (SU), Blue Violet (SSS)
Accessories:  Fresh Flowers die (CB), Copics, white baker's twine, scoreboard, white EP, corner rounder

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Hannelie said...

If my rusty looks like this, I would love to have my coloring looks rusty!
This is a BEAUTIFUL card Karren!
(my Sunday just started with a lovely walk in our complex... a beautiful morning here in AD!)

Lesley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesley said...

This is stunning, Karren. Love those blooms. They are coloured perfectly!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and elegant Karren. Love the pretty flower image. The twine looks really nice. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Vickie Z said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!! This for joining us at CTD!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful! The perfect image for these colors! So glad you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous coloring ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

OOh I love these bluebells - just wonderfully colored and the card design is fantastic!
=] Michele

Lyndal said...

FABulous FUSION Karren!! So happy you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!