Thursday 12 March 2015

Love of Label Love

It's Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day and this week it's my turn to be the hostess.  And here is the sketch I came up with.  I hope you like it!



For my card, I went with the soft colors from the inspiration picture at The Card Concept.  I didn't make a Thinking of You card, so I hope it still meets the criteria.  My card comes under the Clean and Layered category.



It's hard to tell, but my background uses the Bokeh Technique.  I colored a piece of watercolor paper with some light colored Distress Inks, then sponged on some white ink over some circle cut-outs.  I rounded one corner and layered that onto some black.  The sentiment is from Label Love - I've been wanting this set since it came out and now I have it and I love it - hence my blog post title :)  

I colored both the strip of black and the sentiment with Wink of Stella to give it a bit of shimmer.  I then smeared some ink onto a scrap of white cardstock and die-cut some tiny tags.



And that's it!  Thanks for visiting.  Check out what the rest of my amazing design team friends have done with my sketch.  I hope you'll give it a go as well!



Products used:

Stamps:  Label Love (Altenew), Basic Borders (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Archival Black (Ranger), Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender, Shabby Shutters (Tim Holtz), Hero Arts Unicorn White
Cardstock:  Watercolor, Black, White
Accessories:  Black Twine, Tiny Tags Dies (SSS), Wink of Stella, Corner Chomper

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that soft background is gorgeous! The black adds punch and style! Thanks for a great sketch.....and I am lovin' Label Love too!

Samra said...

WOW!! This is stunning Karren! I love how you created that dreamy background! You are such an artist!

Hannelie said...

Beautiful Karren. I attempted a bokeh BG yesterday... for a future DT project, It's so much fun.

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karren, very nice sketch. I think, I'll try to play with it. I could tell from the very first sight this was a bokeh BG, you did it so tenderly!

Kerin said...

Wow, such a beautiful background! Love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Cindy Lovell said...

Your background is perfect,Karren!! Beautiful colors!! And i still need the label love stamps...the sentiment looks great here!! Love this card!!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Adore that fabulous bokeh background Karren! The black really makes it pop! Thank you for a great sketch and thank you for the inspiration over at FMS! Hazel x

Jen Mitchell said...

I absolutely adore this card. The soft colors, the cool bokeh and, of course, my favorite label stamp are all swoon-worthy!

Marika said...

Wonderful. I love the soft pastels against the black! Very good design and good use of colours.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the soft bokeh background Karren - great in these pastel shades and sets off the black panels perfectly!

Jen Brum said...

So pretty Karren. Love that Bokeh technique! I'm going to have to try and learn that one! The colours look amazing against the black and white! Lovely!

Amy O said...

I love that soft background, and the little tags really pop against it. This was a fun sketch to work with, Karren.

Claire Grantham said...

OMG Karren, this is gorgeous..I've been a bit terrified by bokeh..time to give it a go methinks..And thanks for your lovely comment on my blog today. Cx

Rita W said...

Loving that background! Thanks for a fabulous sketch this week. :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Karren! I love how you always come up with different techniques to create the best backgrounds! The white on black sentiment is such a stand out and a look I really like.

Cindy Hall said...

First, I loved your sketch this week! Second, I love your card this week! I love the background that you created, and the black really shows it off even more.