Tuesday 24 March 2015

Embossed Trees

Welcome to Merry Monday where Kathy is today challenging us to feature a tree on our Christmas cards.  



My card came together quickly after I found a dry-embossed panel featuring a tree which I'd already stuck behind the die-cut Christmas Frames die.



As the bulk of the card was already completed, all I needed to do was put it on a card base!  I chose a Smoky Slate card base and embossed the tree again on that after die-cutting it with the stitched rectangle die. 

I placed a few silver CTMH sticky-back sequins on the card and was done!  Here's a close-up so you can actually see there are trees on my card :)



Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have done marvelous things with this challenge so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Black, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate (SU)
Accessories:  Christmas Frames die (SSS), Reindeer Silhouette EF (Couture Creations), sequins (CTMH)

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Very classy in different shades of gray! Love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

So pretty! Love the dry embossing. Have a great week, Karren!

Wendy said...

Very pretty card, Karren! Love the color combo and the embossed panel of trees! Great design, too! Hope you have a great week! :)

Jenny Engelke said...

This is SO pretty, Karren! I love how subtle everything is....right down to the color palette! Nicely done!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Karren, I love the white, gray, black colour scheme.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

So pretty and serene with the color combo and love the embossing!

Bonnie said...

Such a classy looking card, Karren! Love all the embossing and that awesome frame! Hope you have a great week!

Jen Mitchell said...

How very artsy this is! Love your simple layout and the embossed design is absolutely wonderful!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

How gorgeous is that embossing!! Love the elegant grey and white colors! Hope your week is going well!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOVE the colours - so warm and cozy!

Deanne :)

Deepti said...

Love the simplicity of this design :)

Marika said...

What a clever way to use embossing big folder! And I totally see the trees!

SonjaK said...

What a great embossing folder. I thought I'd had enough of them but you just made me realize that there are still some goodies out there I would love to invest in ;o)