Friday 31 March 2017

Tulips


Welcome to another fabulous Fusion challenge!  Today we have a fun Spring/Easter themed photo and a versatile sketch for you to play along with.




I created a fusion with my card and focused on the flowers in the photo to create this card.



The flowers are a digi from Power Poppy that I colored during the last Daily Marker 30-day coloring challenge.  I die-cut the image with a pierced square die and matted it onto a black panel.  I then die-cut a pierced flag from vellum and adhered that, using an enamel dot to hide the glue.

On the Soft Stone card base, I dry-embossed two rectangle dies to create a frame.  I then used a stitched die to add a pattern to the top and bottom of the Smoke panel.  Finally, I colored the tulips with clear sparkle pen.



Thanks so much for visiting!  The design team have some fabulous inspiration for you, so I hope you check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Just For You (PTI), Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher Digi (Power Poppy)
Ink:  Intense Black (SSS)
Cardstock:  X-Press It, Soft Stone (PTI), Smoke, Slate (SSS), Vellum
Dies:  Pierced Square Stax, Basic Stitch Lines (MFT), Rectangle Infinity Dies (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Copics, Enamel Dot, Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I jhave no more words to describe your coloring.....wow it is amazing. This is so beautiful....and oh so elegant!

Lesley said...

This is stunning! Love those blooms and the neutral background!!!

lostinpaper said...

Beautifully coloured Karren!

cm said...

Karren, your vase of tulips is breath-taken-away gorgeous! Oh, to have that arrangement sitting on my kitchen table! Stunning card in every way!
~carol

OH Babs said...

Incredibly beautiful and an inspiration.

Jen Mitchell said...

Obviously you got an A+ in that class! What a beautiful card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This card took my breath away Karren. It is composed and colored so beautifully. You certainly have a gift with those Copics!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is stunning, Karren! An amazing coloring of that gorgeous bouquet. Love the grays for the background.

Jen Timko said...

Breathtaking. Seriously...I'm just in awe.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this card is so elegant!

Karen Davis said...

I love this gorgeous vase of flowers against the neutral grey background. The shadowing on the vase and the flowers is perfect. I love how you use lights and darks to give roundness and depth.