Wednesday 11 July 2012

Just Add Winter

The theme this week at Just Add Ink is Just Add Winter - not much of a stretch as we're in the middle of what feels like one of the coldest winters since I was a kid.  I combined the theme with the sketch at Create with Connie & Mary to come up with this:


This is the third winter card I've attempted over the last couple of days.  Suffice to say, the other two will never see the light of day - they were hideous!  I'm slightly happier with version 3.0.  I used what is one of my all-time favorite DSPs - Ski Slope.  It's so pretty, it's a shame to cover it up with stamping!

Here is the sketch, which as you will see, I turned on its side so I could fit my image in.


Thanks for looking.

Edited to add:  The team at Create with Connie & Mary chose this card as one of their 3 top picks this week.  The team at Just Add Ink also chose this card this week.  Double happy!  Thanks!

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Branch Out; Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock:  Early Espresso; Very Vanilla; Ski Slope DSP
Ink:  Early Espresso; Baja Breeze; Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Pearls

Cheers
Karren


10 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty...clean and simple. Great card for Christmas...easy to duplicate. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Karren! I love the snowflakes in the tree. Loved your description of the first and second attempts as 'hideous'! We can all relate, I'm sure :) Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautifully done Karen, love the clean lines and silhouette image, a perfect winter card!
Thanks for playing along at JAI.

Mary Brown said...

Oh...so pretty! And while you in one of your worst winters, we are in the middle of one of worst summers - either one is just awful! I hope you get a break soon from the weather. I love you card...great choice of set and paper and I LOVE how you added the snow to your tree! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Winter? I'm trying to figure out where you live! We're having RECORD breaking heat waves here in Midwest USA! Hard to picture snow right now! Very elegant card...love that stamp set! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Deb said...

What a super pretty card! I love the snowflakes on the tree with the little bird! The simplicity with combined with the pretty soft colors and dsp is just perfect! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wintery card Karren and its freezing cold here today too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI this week

J. Christoffersen said...

Congrats on your pick! I'm so glad I found your blog too! Hope you get through the winter...I'm in Minnesota, so I know how tough it gets. Keep making beautiful things!

Michelle Lupton said...

Congrats on your JAI win - I love your card, very elegant :)

Kathryn Ruddick said...

That's a beautiful card. Love it! Congratulations on your JAI win :o)