Tuesday 10 July 2012

Paper Players #103

Well, it's Day 2 of my week's holiday and it's great!  This morning I took our puppy, Dexter, to the groomers and he came back looking adorable.  Check out this little bundle of cuteness:


I have to admit the bow came out as soon as the photos were done.  I'm not a fan of making dogs look like humans.  

Anyway, while Dexter was at the groomers, I made a card for this week's Paper Players color challenge.  These colors look gorgeous together, so I was quite keen to get stuck in and make a card.

I started with some gloss white cardstock which I clear embossed with the En Francais background.  Then I sponged with Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral.  Once I'd done that, I ran it through the Big Shot with the oval Designer Frames EF.  The little flowers are made using the MFT Rolled Rose die.  The leaves are a cut up Little Leaves sizzlet.

Onto the card:


And here is the challenge:


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  En Francais; Afterthoughts
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Glossy White; Calypso Coral; Daffodil Delight; Lucky Limeade
Ink:  Versamark; Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Clear EP; MFT Rolled Rose Dies; sponges; Wide Oval Punch; Designer Frames EF; Little Leaves Sizzlet; Pearls

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as a Cut Above this week by The Paper Players.  Thanks, guys!

Cheers
Karren



6 comments:

Christine Blain said...

What great use of the challenge colours, Karren! Who knew Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight could look so good sponged together?! Very sweet card. Dexter looks lovely and clean (how long will that last?).

H2 :) said...

Wow, Karren, this is fantastic! Love the embossed resist background - it looks spectacular, & the rolled roses are a perfect finishing touch to your card. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week. :)
PS Is Dexter still looking white & fluffy?

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a fabulous background! And the flowers are the perfect touch! What a great job using the challenge colors! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

jaydee said...

Ooooooo, Karen. I am in love with this card! I love that there is so much technique that you have used and yet your card still has clean lines. Gorgeous! So glad you were able to join the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

But Dexter looks so stinkin' cute with his bow! Awww! Your card is gorgeous and I love those rolled flowers. The pearl accents are an elegant touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Karren, your creation is just gorgeous! Love your sponged background, your use of the oval frame, your flowers, everything! Definitely a winning card- congrats! This looks like one I will have to case!