Tuesday 24 July 2012

Summer Days

I'm finally getting around to posting the second card I made over the weekend.  This card is for the color challenge at Create With Connie & Mary and the sketch/summer challenge at Friday Mashup.

I pulled out a really old Stampin' Up! set called Sketches.  The date on this set is 2003, but as soon as I saw the images somewhere on the internet, I had to hunt it down on Ebay and buy it.


I stamped the image on watercolor paper and colored using my markers and blender pen.  I then made a mask of the image and sponged Pool Party ink over the masked image.  I used the circle scissor to cut out the main image plus a Pool Party layer.

After putting the card together, I then pierced all around the image and flag, which I now regret.  But unfortunately you can't take holes away LOL.

Here are the challenges:


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Sketches; Warmest Regards
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Pool Party; Whisper White; Watercolor Paper
Ink:  Black Stazon
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler; Old Olive; So Saffron; Close to Cocoa markers; Blender Pen; Piercing Tool; Circle Scissor

Cheers
Karren



7 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Oh this was always one of my very FAVORITE sets! What a BEAUTIFUL card you created! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Great use of that lovely stamp set...I miss using it! Love the summery feel to your card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

I just love this image! This is such a beautiful card and your watercoloring is superb!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Tara Bourgoin said...

This is so lovely and serene. The sentiment fits the image so perfectly! Thank you for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Monika Davis said...

The water coloring is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!
Monika Davis

Heidi Baks said...

Wonderful coloring! This is exactly what I was thinking of with this challenge (and I don't have this set)! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup.

Lisa Martz said...

This is where I want to be right now...on a beach, relaxin'! Great card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!