Thursday 21 March 2013

CCMC244 Color Challenge

Hi all.  Today is color challenge time at Create with Connie & Mary.  The colors we have for your viewing pleasure today are:


And my card using these colors:


You just have to take my word for it that there is some Marina Mist on this card!  I sponged Marina Mist down the bottom and Not Quite Navy on the top of the panel, after masking the moon with a circle punch-out.  When I finished with the blues, I carefully sponged in some Daffodil Delight for the moon.  Then I stamped the image from Serene Silhouettes using Black Stazon.  The sentiment comes from the Bring on the Cake set.

Head on over to see what the rest of the Challenge Team have done with these colors.

Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes; Bring on the Cake
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Marina Mist; Not Quite Navy; Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Sponges

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful use of the colours, Karren - and yes, I can see the Marina Mist! I love the white frame/mat around your focal image.

Deb said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the sponged colors! What a great way to use the challenge colors! Love it!

Laura said...

Gorgeous!! Love the color combo and the layout. TFS

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous card, Karren...it looks almost like a real picture! Love the background! Great job with the color challenge!

barb said...

This is a striking card. I love the combinations of colors and your choice of stamp as well.
tfs!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You've created a beautiful card Karren - you've made sponging look so easy! Lovely use of the challenge colours! :)

Lisa Martz said...

WOW...so pretty! I am not good at sponging a scene like this, but you make it sound so easy in your explanation! This is stunning!

Shirley said...

Beautiful! My favorite so far!

Melissa Davies said...

The sponging is just beautiful! You make it look so easy!