Saturday 2 March 2013

Hello Eleanor

Hi, here's a card for the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and the challenge at The Friday Mashup which was to make a baby card or make a card using Pool Party, Real Red, So Saffron and a neutral.

As you can see, I didn't make a baby card, but I did use the colors and made this card:


It took a while to come up with this card.  I went into my craft room and tried to make a card, but it wasn't coming together so I gave up and took the dog for a walk.  When I came back I tried again and this is the result.

I used Everything Eleanor and Oh, Hello.  I've taken to my Oh, Hello stamp with a craft knife and cut off the Oh part because I can't see where I would ever use Oh, Hello together and it's easier than just inking up the Hello part.

I think my flowers are a little bit too high.  I was aiming for the "sweet spot" but I think a centimetre down the page would have made a big difference.  Oh well, Mono Multi sticks too good to be trying to move those flowers now LOL.

Thanks for looking.  Best wishes to Tui on her exciting nursing adventure!



Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Everything Eleanor, Oh Hello
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Subtles DSP; Real Red
Ink:  Real Red; Pool Party
Accessories:  Dotted Scallop Border Punch; Pool Party Seam Binding; Basic Pearls

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Lovely card! I love your "Hello" for the little banner on the layout. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Jen Mitchell said...

Pretty card! And I know what you mean about hitting the sweet spot. I always seem to miss that! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Beautifully done, Karren. I think that was a difficult sketch and I think Eleanor is a difficult set, pretty as it is. I would never have put these colors together but they look wonderful. All in all, I think this was a huge challenge and you mastered it with wonderful results!

Rita W said...

Great colors and design. I hate when I glue down things and then want to move them; it's the worst, huh?! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lili said...

Great job on this card Karren! I really like the design and how you combined the colors of the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!