Saturday 9 March 2013

Quin's 6th Birthday Card

Today's card is for the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches (BTW lovin' the new look!) and the color challenge at Just Add Ink.

I needed a birthday card for my niece who is having her 6th birthday party tomorrow.  Now the idea in my head didn't translate too well and I'm not even sure this is what a 6 year old would like to see on their card, but I have no time to make another one.


I wanted to keep the card clean so I went for a white-on-white look.  I used the clouds and the die-cut name instead of the horizontal panel as per the sketch.  Unfortunately in my haste to make the card more girly, I got a tad carried away with the Dazzling Details.  It looks good on the Bashful Blue balloon, not so good on the Raspberry Ripple balloon and downright ugly on the little flower.  Most likely before I give Quin the card, I'll replace the little flower with a glitter-less version LOL.





Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Up, Up and Away
Cardtock:  Whisper White; Raspberry Ripple
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple; Bashful Blue; Early Espresso
Accessories:  Dazzling Details; Serif Big Shot Die; Itty Bitty Punches; Basic Pearl

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Oh, Karren, I laughed at your critique of your own card. I am pretty darn sure Quin will LOVE this, as is, because it has her name on it, has sparkle, and has balloons - lots of ticks, so don't change it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

I've got to agree with Christine, I was in stitches as I read your post! I really think you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! Dazzling details always adds sparkly goodness so don't worry, you're niece will love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jodene said...

I love your card and I think any 6 year old would love it - the more sparkle the better! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :)

Jen Timko said...

Really, there is such thing as too much sparkle for a 6 yo girl!! :-) This is absolutely adorable! Love, love how you used the sketch!!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Oh great use of this stamp set and you've used the JAI colour combo so well!

Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow Karren! Love all that white (another gorgeous clean card) and how you've combined both challenges! Love the added sparkle - you can never have too much Dazzling Diamonds! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink and Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

You are funny Karen and a little too hard on yourself. I'm sure Quin will love the sparkle regardless. Great way to use the JAI colours and l love the CAS style. Thanks for joining us this week.