Sunday 26 August 2018

Berry Birthday

Hi and welcome!  I spent some time in my craft room yesterday making a couple of cards for some challenges and this is the first one.


When I saw the Addicted to CAS challenge pop up last week, I immediately thought of this NBUS stamp set from Sunny Studio.  It took me a week to get to it, but I finally put ink to paper and came up with this card.  I was also inspired by the current CAS(E) This Sketch challenge plus I'm linking up to Seize The Birthday.

I did some experimenting with colors for each of the layers for the berries, mixing my brands to get the best looks.



The strawberry was stamped directly onto the card base.  To get the achenes to show (the seeds), I stamped first with white pigment ink, then went over the top with Sunshine ink from SSS.  The other berries were stamped with purple inks and fussy cut.  One was popped up on foam tape and both were coated with Nuvo Crystal Glaze.

I wanted a big sentiment, but not too big, so went looking through my stash and found this one from PTI.

Thanks for visiting.







Products used:

Stamps:  Berry Bliss (Sunny Studio), Signature Greetings (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Poppy, Red Hot, Electric Red (MFT), Olive, Moss (Altenew), Velvet Orchid, Hydrangea, Blue Ciolet (SSS), Unicorn White (Hero Art), Sunshine (SSS)
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Nuvo Crystal Glaze

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Dawn T said...

what stunning colours you got on her berries.

Barbara said...

This is simply a stunning card, and so appealing. Love the font on the sentiment too. Makes me drool for some berries. Thanks for sharing this with us at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I love the little berries!!

Barb Ghig said...

Your berries look good enough to eat, Karren! Beautiful coloring and I love that you chose one of my all-time fave PTI sentiments! Love how you added shine to the berries with Crystal Glaze, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS...we always enjoy seeing your lovely cards in the gallery!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!

Bobby said...

Don't you love that set, Karren? It's what I used for my DT card and I also did some experimenting with colors. The GA on the blueberries really brings them to life. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS>

lostinpaper said...

Perfectly CAS!

Linda Callahan said...

Yeow those berries look real! Awesome!

Jaydee said...

Your berries are fabulous and I love all of that wonderful white space. It really allows the focal elements to shine. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
jaydee