Thursday 16 August 2018

Gumboots

Hi and welcome!  Today's post will be short as I'm currently suffering from the worst cold I've had in years!  Luckily I made my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge on the weekend while my cold was deciding whether to come out fighting or give up.  Unfortunately, it came out fighting and I've been off work since Tuesday.  Anyway, enough about my cold.  Here is Narelle, my fellow downunderer's (her term!) sketch:


And here's my card.


As you can see, I flipped the sketch to better accommodate my main image.  

I stamped, quickly colored and die-cut the gumboot image before mounting it to a Berrylicious stitched circle die-cut.  I also die-cut a Sour Apple stitched strip and adhered that to a white top-folding card base.  After adding the gumboots, I finished with a white-embossed sentiment and called it done.


Thanks for visiting!


Products used:

Stamps:  Showers & Flowers (SSS) KIS:  Just Because (PTI)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark
Cardstock:  White; Sour Apple, Berrylicious, Black Licorice (MFT), X-Press It
Dies:  Showers & Flowers (SSS), Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Blueprints 1
Accessories:  Copics, White EP

Cheers
Karren 


13 comments:

Kathy said...

what a cute card, I love the "clean" look and the embellishing of the sand. I own that set and I think it is so sweet!

I Card Everyone said...

Give that cold the boot, Karren! This darling card certainly would make anyone feel great!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Hope you are feeling better! This card makes me feel better just looking at it....your coloring is always so spot on fabulous!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful Copic coloring on the Gumboots and flowers, Karren! Even with a bad cold, you've done an amazing job on the sketch and made the images pop on your card! Feel better, my friend!

Amy O said...

Your coloring is beautiful, and this image is such a sweet one. I hope you're feeling better now!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

I saw your card on FMS and LOVED it. So cute, clean and CAS.... the coloring is fabulous! Love the little boots! Hugs.

Karen Davis said...

Hi Karren. I love this image. Such a sweet card and perfect colouring.
I hope the cold has moved on.
Thanks for dropping by. 🙂

Jen Mitchell said...

Boo for having a cold. :( But being under the weather doesn't seem to have dulled your creativity! These boots seem to be a great way to celebrate spring - which I guess is on it's way in your part of the world. I, however, am bracing for winter!! As always, your coloring is superb.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Karren! I love those boots and their flowers! Your colouring is so amazing - as always!

Kim S said...

Charming! I love the colors you picked for those sweet boots!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this - especially those gumboots - we need them right now in Melbourne - minus the dirt and flowers.....! BTW - I'm pushing for downunderer to be in the next edition of the dictionary! Make sure you use it freely!

Aileen said...

wonderful card Karren, love those gumboots, the colouring is spot on. Just perfect design.

Jen Timko said...

This card is a serious little ray of sunshine! Love the happy colors!! And sorry you were so under the weather...guessing by now you are completely on the mend (sorry for the late commenting).