Friday 5 April 2019

Birthday Blend


It's time for another fun challenge from the team at Fusion and we've got a bright and cheery one to play along with!



I originally decided to focus on the photo and go with a rainbow alcohol-inked panel, which I did, but then I figured I could also incorporate the sketch so went with a fusion.



This panel was one I had in my folder of alcohol-ink experiments.  I'm pretty sure I only used a red, green and blue to create this sort-of-rainbow pattern.  I also used some gold foil.  The panel wasn't wide enough to cover a card front, so I cut it behind the sentiment panel to make it fit.  I went with a bold but reasonably simple sentiment stamp and then added a die-cut circle from the inked offcuts and a gold foil star.  Pretty simple, right?



Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you take the time to check out the cards made by the rest of the design team - they're fabulous!

I'm linking up to Seize the Birthday - this isn't a Spring card but it'll work for the Linky Party.




Products used:

Stamps:  Make a Wish (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Yupo, Gold Foil card
Dies:  Inside/Out Stitched Stars, Pierced Circle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Alcohol Ink

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow those alcohol inks are so vibrant and the gold foil puts it over the top! Gorgeous!

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job on the Fusion, Karren! Your AI'd background is so striking...especially with all that gorgeous gold foil...WOW! I love how you placed the gold star, too...Awesome card, my friend!

Cathy said...

Such a striking card, love the foiling on those vibrant colours (I couldn't see your card in the STB linkup?) Cathy x

The DCD Team said...

What a stunning background and it's a great card.

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh wow! This is amazing!

Colleen said...

Stunning background for this fun birthday card! AI give such vibrant and striking colors! Thank you for sharing these at Seize the Birthday!

Darnell said...

I'm just mesmerized by your alcoholic panel, Karren! Especially around the yellow where it looks like bits are peeling off ~ fascinating!! And thank you for the slap to my forehead reminder that there are clever ways to make a smaller panel work to fit the card front! Hugs, Darnell