Thursday 11 April 2019

Lily

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.  I'm here with a card for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Jen Mitchell and here is her wonderful sketch:


In keeping with my card-making style of the last several months, I went quick and easy and came up with this stenciled and stamp-layered card.



I used multiple Altenew inks to stamp the flower and leaves then used the co-ordinating dies to cut them out.  Onto a white card base, I stenciled through the Dot Fade stencil with some white embossing paste colored with some Altenew gray ink.


After that was dry, I added the sentiment strip, the scalloped piece and the flower with foam tape.

There!  Done!  Nice and quick!

Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

I'm linking up to the CAS Stencil challenge where Barb is asking us to use embossing paste.


Products used:

Stamps:  Peruvian Lily (Altenew), Greetings Galore (MFT)
Ink:  Bamboo, Parrot, Olive, Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow, Honey Drizzle, Sunray, Snapdragon, Autumn Blaze, Orange Cream, Sunkissed, Chamomile, Firebrick, Marigold, Cloudy Night - some or all of these - I'm not sure :), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Cement Gray, Orange Fizz (MFT)
Dies:  Peruvian Lily, Stitched Scallops (Lawn Fawn)
Accessories:  Dot Fade stencil (Tim Holtz), White Embossing Paste

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CAS Stencil

18 comments:

Amy O said...

What a gorgeous lily! I love the different layers of stamping on it. And your stenciled background is perfect to showcase that flower.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that lily is fabulous...love the colors! And the embossing paste is perfect in the background! Pretty card!

I Card Everyone said...

Nice and quick goes perfectly with delightful, and gorgeous, Karren!
=]

Julia Aston said...

I just love your orange day lily layered over the pretty grey paste stenciling of dots Karren! What a lovely note card you created! Thanks for joining us at CAS Stencil! xx

Nora Noll said...

Totally gorgeous flower and colors on this. LOVE the stenciled background!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous lily, Karren! I love all those pretty shades of yellow you chose for the petals and your two-toned leaves are perfect! I also love all the texture you added with your stenciled dots...Such a lovely note card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!

Dawn T said...

So very pretty Karren. Such a great design

Cindy H. said...

What an amazing card! Love the design and the colors!

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful CAS stenciled with eb paste background for your gorgeous stamped flower. TFS Karren and joining us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Karren! I just love that flower! The colours are so perfect! Love the spotted background too! So pretty!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love it! The flower is a beautiful pop of color against the lovely gray dots.

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! The flower is lovely - and I love the simple gray in the background!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I must say, while I miss your mixed media cards, you are really a master at these cas designs- specifically your use of stencils! Love this card- elegant and traditional lily, paired with a geometric and contemporary stencil.

Sue said...

Your lovely lily is coloured beautifully, wonderful CAS design. Thank you for joining in at CAS Stencil!

Robyn Oliver said...

A gorgeous card Karren, love the grey fading dots stenciling as a background to that pretty flower...thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness this card is just gorgeous! That flower is AMAZING and coloured perfectly!

Judy Rozema said...

That is a gorgeous flower, Karren! I love the stenciled paste background a ton too!

Cathy said...

Beautiful bloom and the stencilled panel offsets it perfectly, Thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x