Monday 22 April 2019

Mother's Day

Hi and welcome to my first non-DT card in months!  I am getting to the end of a 4-day weekend and have had this idea in my head all weekend and finally got some time in my craft room today to translate it into a card.  This is going to be my card for my mother for Mother's Day, but she's gonna see it here first 😄



My clean and layered card was inspired by several challenges - the color inspiration at SugarPea Designs, the floral challenge at Krafty Chicks, the Spring Mood Board at Simon Says Stamp and the spring/floral elements from the Card Concept.


I created a bouquet of flowers using the challenge colors and arranged them then added Press n Seal over the top before putting it to one side.  The message board was easy to create as the die does it all for you.  The hardest part was adding all the letters and trying to keep them straight - which they're not!


I added the bouquet and then decided to add some stars as a final touch.  The stars and some of the flowers were colored with clear sparkle pen for some shimmer.  This card is bigger than usual at 5.25 x 5.5" but as I'll be hand-delivering it, it's all good.

Thanks for visiting!



Krafty Chicks Challenge



Stamps:  Funky Wreath Spring Addition (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Teeny Bikini, Twinkling Tutu, Willow, Beanstalk, Apricot, Coral Reef, Lemon Chiffon, Duckling, Hollyhock, Jellybean
Cardstock:  White, Black, Grout Gray
Dies:  Letter Message Board (SugarPea Designs), Funky Wreath Spring Addition (SugarPea Designs)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at The Card Concept and Krafty Chicks

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

It's a wonderful way to say Happy Mother's Day, Karren! Hand-delivered is the only way to go!
=]

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

This is such a sweet &beautiful card, Karren. Thank you for playing along with us at SPD. :)

Barb Ghig said...

I'll bet your mom flipped when she saw this post! Your clustered flowers are so pretty, Karren! I love how you combined challenges for your color palette and design, and I must say...your alphas look perfectly straight to me:)

Dawn T said...

It's a beautiful card. I can imagine your Mum will love it. The bouquet of flowers are lovely

Tangii said...

Such a beautiful Mom's Day card! Pretty flowers and pretty colors!! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks, hope to see you again.

Lori Turner said...

Such a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxoxo

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful blooms for your mom! Love how the flowers pop against the neutral background!

Susan Powell said...

This is such a beautiful Mother's Day card - Love how you did the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.