Thursday 2 May 2019

Circular Birthday

Hi!  I'm here with a card using the latest sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Jen Brum and I love her sketch!


The only thing I changed in the sketch was moving the circular element from the right hand side to the left - and that was because that's the way my edge die worked.


I used Platinum Embossing Powder and the Leaf Canopy set to cover a panel of After Midnight cardstock.  Once it was all embossed, I went back in with the solid leaf image and Versamark ink for a watermark effect.  I adhered the panel to a white top-folding card base and then die-cut another white panel for the angled piece.

The sentiment was also embossed using Platinum Embossing Powder and then die-cut with a circle die.  It and the white panel were popped up on foam tape.


And that's it!  Pretty simple!  Thanks for visiting.  The DT have some gorgeous cards so I hope you'll check them out.

I'm linking this up to a couple of challenges:  Addicted to CAS have a contrast challenge and Seize the Birthday have a texture challenge.



Products used:

Stamps:  Leaf Canopy (Altenew), Roundabout Additions (Reverse Confetti)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, After Midnight (MFT)
Dies:  Stitched Scallop Basic Edges (MFT),  Infinity Circle Dies (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Platinum EP (Ranger)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Seize the Birthday.



11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, your contrast is contemporary - and that canopy is my FAVE set from the last six months!
BTW congratulations on your win at MFT Sketch!
=]

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE the bold look of this. Totally amazing card!!

Linda Callahan said...

Soooo classy! The embossing is fab! Now I have to go check out your winning card!

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! This is really gorgeous, Karren! I love all the shimmer on the Platinum EP and the Leaf Canopy images are perfect! Great job combining images, too...LOVE this pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Karren. Love the contrasts of the white and the blue.

Amy O said...

Simple, but oh so pretty! The embossing adds a touch of glam. Love this, Karren!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a fab card! Love the combination of white, blue and platinum (isn't that a delicious metallic color!!) Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love the shades of blue with the platinum, great take on the sketch too. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Jen Brum said...

Gorgeous card Karren! I just love all that embossing and the sweet scalloped edge! Such a beautiful card!

Migdalia said...

Elegant & Beautiful!! Awesome job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Bobby said...

The platinum embossing is gorgeous with the navy blue, Karren. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.