Tuesday 14 May 2019

Stars

Hi!  I'm at the start of a week off work (yay!) and hoping I can spend some considerable time in my craft room.  So today, I made a card using the sketch at MFT Stamps.  I was inspired by MFT's own packaging because earlier today I'd been putting away some new stamps and the black and white stripe with the pink really made me want to create 😄 Apologies for the glare in the photos - I took them with my phone rather than my camera and the colors are so in-your-face!


Anyways, I cut a strip of Black & White patterned paper off-centre on a white card base, then added two slivers of gold foil cardstock.  The "stars" word is stacked three high and covered with clear sparkle pen.  The sentiment was embossed with Melon Mambo EP onto a black strip and added with foam tape.

To finish the card, I added some stars which were also covered with clear sparkle pen.


Thanks for visiting.

I'm also linking this up to the bold letters challenge at Just Us Girls and the word challenge at Time Out.





Products used:

Stamps:  Written in the Stars (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Ripe Raspberry, B&W Strips (MFT), Gold Foil
Dies:  Shining Stars, Pierced Star Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You can get in my face anytime, Karren! It's those stripes! WOW!
=]

Nancy said...

Love the colors a lot and I think the photo looks splendid too! This is my favorite color of pink. You do beautiful work Karren! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Just Us Girls!

Ina G said...

Wow Karren - this card's colour may well be in our face but it looks spectacular with the off centre black stripes, touches of gold and the perfectly big bright bold sparkly sentiment and stars. So glad you shared it with US at Just Us Girls this week. Thank you.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a terrific card, Karren! I love so much the hot pink elements over the black and white striped paper. The hint of gold makes the perfect classy detail to finish it off.

Joyce said...

The hot pink looks amazing with the black and white stripes. Love the stars and how you have framed your elements in gold. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Barb Ghig said...

I am so impressed with this card, Karren! The striped paper and gold trim are so elegant and I LOVE your hot pink stars and sentiment...WOW! I'm so shy when it comes to using large sentiments, but you have really shown me the way, my friend...Thank you! You should win all 3 challenges with this beauty...for sure!!!

Anita in France said...

Bold and bright, Karren ... and fabulous! The vibrant pink is fantastic against the stripes ... and the touch of gold adds a touch of elegant pizazz! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)