Friday 17 May 2019

Hedgie Friends

It's time for a new Fusion challenge and check out our adorable inspiration photo:


Foolishly, I was looking at the sketch from the last challenge instead of this one, so by default I'm only playing with the photo this time😬



I struggle with coloring hedgehogs, but I persevered and came up with this one, which is semi-acceptable if you close one eye and squint through the other!  I made a little scene for him with some toadstools and acorn on a field of grass.  The Watercolor Wash patterned paper is fabulous for scene-building if you don't want to color up a scene.


I don't have a photo of the Copics I used, as the acorn and toadstools were colored earlier and I don't know what colors I used.  The hedgie was colored with markers in the E40s.

Thanks for visiting.  I'm linking this up to the stitching challenge at Simon Says Stamp.


Products used:

Stamps:  Happy Hedgehogs (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies:  Happy Hedgehogs, Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Grass Border, Stitched Basic Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, White Gel Pen

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your hedgehog is just too adorable and I love him paired with the vivid toadstools!

I Card Everyone said...

No matter how you place it, this guy is adorable!!
=]

lostinpaper said...

This is little hedgehog is just too cute Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

No need to squint.....your little guy is adorable! Love the bright red mushrooms!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I just love how you played with this cute little hedgie, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring, as always, and your bright red mushrooms are perfect!

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Karren. Your hedgie is beautiful

Jenelle said...

That sweet little hedgehog is adorable! Super cute card!

Kim S said...

He's so cute - and what a sweet scene you have created for him!