Friday 21 August 2020

Dragonfly

 Thanks for dropping in!  I'm here with my card for the latest Fusion challenge, where I created a fusion of both photo and sketch.


I tried to re-create the gorgeous colors from the photo using Distress Oxide inks and stencils.  After I'd finished, I die-cut a half circle and adhered it to a white side-folding card base.  I added the white-embosses sentiment.

I used an off-cut from the stenciled panel for the background of the dragonfly and then I used black glossy cardstock for the top layer.  I finished with some sequins in similar colors.

Thanks for visiting!  The DT have some gorgeous cards, so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Birdie Brown Greetings Galore (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Old Paper, Bundled Sage, Dustry Concord, Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth, Black Glossy    
Dies:  Embossed Circles (Kat Scrappiness), Dragonfly (Clearly Besotted)
Accessories:  White EP, Sequins, Perfect Pool Water Stencil (MFT) Subtle Embossing Folder (SU)

Cheers
Karren


6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren! Didn't I just make a card for this challenge?? LOL I might just have to make a few more gossamer wings, right?
Fun Sketch, and gorgeous illustration for this challenge.
LOve, love, LOVE the colors you've blended, and the stencil just added the perfect mottling! Such a darling little hitchhiker, too!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful! I love how you used the stenciling for the dragonfly as well!

Wanda Cullen said...

Stunning design and beautiful color blending!

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card Karren. The blending on your circle is stunning.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning card, Karren! I love how you added texture to your design with embossing, stenciling, and the use of Oxide inks...so striking! You've done an amazing job combining the sketch with the colors on the inspiration photo too, my friend...I really love this birthday card!!!

Kim S said...

Beautiful! I love the colors you used in the background for that lovely dragonfly.