Thursday 20 August 2020

Triangle Wishes

 Hi and welcome!  Cecile Ribon is our sketch hostess over at Freshly Made Sketches and as always, she has a fun and unique sketch for us to play with.  Here's the card I created with her sketch:


Onto a panel of white cardstock I stenciled through a triangle stencil with three colors of Distress Oxide Ink.  Before I removed the triangle stencil, I added another stencil and went over again with the same colors, but with a heavier hand.  I did this three times to mimic the sketch.




I die-cut the panel and adhered it to a white top-folding card base.  The sentiment was hot-foiled using black foil and then die-cut with the co-ordinating die.  And that's it!  No other embellishments because I thought this would make a good masculine card.


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the DT.


Products used:

Ink:  Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Inks
Cardstock:  Whgite
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT), Yana's Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Basic Shapes Triangles Stencil (MFT), Industrial Stencil (Tim Holtz), Black Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, this is such a clever design - very pretty, too!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Beautifully stenciled! You are so good at that inky stuff....;)

Barb Ghig said...

Clever take on the sketch, Karren! I love how you added the pattern to each triangle and your color palette is fabulous...perfect for a guy, too!

Dawn T said...

What a cool card Karren. I love the soft blues and greens of your double stenciling.

lostinpaper said...

Brilliant card Karren, love your stenciling and how the sentiment really pops on the design!

Kim S said...

This is such a lovely background - I love the layers of color and pattern. It's wonderful with the simple sentiment.

Jen Brum said...

Such a gorgeous card Karren! Those triangles are so pretty - the colours are amazing! Love it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I think of stencilling, then I say to myself "nah too hard" and then move on. You always nail these things and create awesome details projects!