Thursday 3 September 2020

Hello

 Hi and welcome to the latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge where our hostess this week is Narelle Farrugia.


I created a negative space using a rectangle die and backed it with watercolour wash patterned paper. The flower is from a new-to-me set. It’s a multi-step set and the leaves aren’t meant to be fully coloured but I took to them with a Copic markers to finish them off. 


The final step was to add clear sparkle pen to the centre of the flower and it splodged and caused the ink to spread a bit! Before I send this card I’ll fix that, but when it happened I just wasn't in the mood to try and correct the mistake!


Thanks for visiting. I hope you’ll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:
Stamps:  Celebrate Us (Altenew/Pink Fresh)
Ink:  Golden Sunset, Tropical Forest sets, Mocha (Altenew), Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies:  Blueprints 9, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT), Hello (Pink & Main)
Accessories:  Copic YG03, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren




11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the soft blue panels behind the yellow flower! You always use negative space perfectly!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty flower and colors. I always have to finish coloring my leaves also when I use this set. TFS

Betty said...

wonderful card Karren - really like the negative space rectangles idea!

Barb Ghig said...

Great idea to create negative space with your rectangle dies and I love the blue watercolor wash! Beautiful Copic coloring, as always, Karren...such a stunning card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the interest the cut-out panels create, Karren!

I Card Everyone said...

I love the way you've accented the negative, Karren! and that set is also on my wish list!
Very pretty, indeed!
=]

Amy O said...

These colors make my heart so happy! I love this gorgeous flower and how you've cleverly used the negative space.

Jen Timko said...

So pretty! I like the coloring on the leaves...makes it seem finished. And the rectangle pop up is so smart.

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty card Karren! That flower is just gorgeous and so cheery! Love the blue cut outs behind it and the sparkly hello! This will definitely brighten someone's day!

Kim S said...

It's gorgeous!! I love the windows with the soft blue behind it. And the big hello is great with it.

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful windows and a gorgeous flower. Made me smile!