Thursday 17 September 2020

Just a Note for Dad

Welcome!  I'm here with a card featuring this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches where our designer this week is Judy Rozema

It was Father's Day here in New Zealand earlier in the month and I came up with this card for my dad:




Now this is quite a stretch from my usual card style and I usually run a mile from complementary colors but for some reason I wanted to work with orange and aqua.  The circular element in the centre puts me in mind of the Spirograph and I remember many happy hours as a kid playing with the Spirograph - being very careful not to waste the colored inks or paper!

The background is ink-blended with Distress Inks and the "spirograph" was stamped with the same inks, but the Oxide version.  The typewriter comes from the SugarPea Designs die and stamp set and I added the little heart die-cut from MFT's Tangy Orange cardstock.

 



Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Stamps:  You're My Type (SugarPea Designs), Spheres and Spirals (Altenew)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and Distress Oxide Ink
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth, Paradise (Hero Arts), Tangy Orange (MFT)
Dies:  You're My Type (SugarPea Designs), Spheres and Spirals (Altenew)
Accessories:  Shimmer Spritz

8 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

I loved the Spirograph! We always took it on our long car rides to grandmas. I adore your card. The spirograph circle is so awesome, but that typewriter speaks to me! I collect typewriters, and I would love one this color! Super cute card for your dad.

Amy O said...

The elements on this cute card make me nostalgic. I loved Spirograph as a child and I love this cute typewriter. Another thing I love -- the beautiful colors on this card!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love complimentary colors so definitely love this orange and aqua beauty. And, lets be honest, is there anyone out there that wouldn't want this aqua typewriter on their desk?

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with the complementary colors then paired it with the horizontal stripes and spirograph, Karren! Great idea to add dimension with the typewriter, too! I'll bet your dad really liked his card :)

Cathy said...

Wonderful card, love the spirograph with the typewriter, fun elements, Cathy x

Dawn T said...

what a stunner of a card. These are not colour I would use together but you have made them work

Linda Callahan said...

Wow - this card is amazing! The colors and images are fabulous!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just fabulous Karren! I just love both the spirograph background and the typewriter!! So fun!