Thursday 10 September 2020

Purple Birthday

Hi and welcome to the newest challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Amy O'Neill and here's what I did with Amy's sketch:

I sort of got my sketch orientation mixed up but I hope you can see the sketch in my card.  If you're observant, you'll probably see that I used the same stamp set as last week's card.  I stamped a few different colors of these flowers at the time so this card was pretty easy to put together.  The card base is Eggplant as is the tag, and onto the tag I added a patterned paper to tie in with the leaves.  The sentiment is white heat-embossed and I finished with some Nuvo Crystal Drops.


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Stamps:  Celebrate Us (Altenew/PinkFresh), Lots to Say (Reverse Confetti)
Ink:  Versamark, Tropical Forest set, Enchanted Garden set (Altenew), Black
Cardstock:  Eggplant, Party Patterns (MFT), White
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax, Tag Builder Blueprints 2 (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Crushed Grape Nuvo Drops, Baker's Twine, YG03 Copic


10 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and great take on the sketch. I love your purple flowers.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm thrilled to see them again, and again, Karren! Since I still don't SEE them in my stash! Gorgeous in this lovely purple/lavender!
I have no trouble seeing the Sketch!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

I love the flowers and leaves in this set, so you can use them every week as far as I'm concerned :) Beautiful tone-on-tone color palette and I love the bold sentiment! Another gorgeous card, Karren!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Karren. Love those purple flowers

Amy O said...

I'm so glad we get to see these pretty flowers again! I love them in purple. and I love how you incorporated a tag into the sketch. Beautiful card, Karren!

Kathy said...

your card is just so pretty, I love the color scheme and the way you have colored
it. It's all good!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous birthday card! Those purple flowers are just beautiful! Love the sentiment on a tag! So pretty!

Jen Timko said...

Oh so pretty! I love these purple flowers and the tag is great for the sketch.

Judy Rozema said...

I love your take on Amy's sketch. The color of the flowers is so lovely, and the tag is such a cute idea! Love it!

Kim S said...

I do love this stamp set! It's perfect with the tag tucked between the flowers.