Thursday 3 December 2020

Berries and Poinsettia

 Hi and welcome.  I made another Christmas card!  I think this might be about number 4 this year.  I am not forcing things and as they come, they come.  I still don't want to Copic colour which saddens me, but again I'm not going to force things.  Grief has to work its way through many twists and turns before life bears some semblance of the new normal.

But onto more positive things, this card uses the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches where our host this week is Judy Rozema.  I tried to stick to the sketch but sort of veered off a bit with the placement of the smaller square element.  



I had all these images stamped and either die-cut or cut with my Scan n Cut so it didn't take long to make up this arrangement.  I held it in place with Press n Seal until I was ready to adhere it to the card.

I used a square foiling die to add some copper foil to a white panel and then I masked off the square and stenciled over a mandala stencil with Speckled Egg DI.  I embossed the sentiment and adhered the panel to a Wild Cherry card base.


I then adhered my arrangement onto the card with liquid glue and finished off with some Stardust Stickles in the centre of the poinsettia.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the DT.




Products used:

Stamps:  Poinsettia Wishes, Berry Branches (The Ton)
Ink:  Versamark, Speckled Egg Distress Ink, Mocha, Espresso, Crimson, Velvet, Rouge, Forest Glades, Evergreen, Honey Drizzle (Altenew)
Cardstock:  Wild Cherry (MFT), White
Dies:  Berry Branches (The Ton), Foiled Frames Square (MFT)
Accessories:  Copper Foil, Antique Gold EP, Stardust Stickles, Captivating Mandala Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, you have added just the perfect touch of Karren to this sketch! It's really lovely!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Well the arrangement is lovely! So pretty against that soft blue in the background! And you just keep doing what works for you my friend....you have amazing strength...xox

Jeanne H said...

Your card is just beautiful and the coloring terrific.

Kathy said...

This is stunning...one of my favorite things about Christmas is the beautiful poinsettias...Love the layering, colors, dimension...

Dawn T said...

So pretty Karren. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous Poinsettia and I love how you layered the branches and leaves! I also love how you added soft stenciling to your design...such a beautiful Christmas card, Karren!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!!! I LOVE the poinsettia and your berries. I almost bought those branches but my pocketbook said no!!!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Your card is very lovely - nice details for an overall feel.

Sue said...

I am just learning how to stamp. I would LOVE to find a Doodle Buds and You Equal Kind Die Cuts. Can you please help me?

Sue Beed
suebeed59@gmail.com