Thursday 10 December 2020

S'Mores

 It's time for another sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches, where our host this week is Jacquie Southas.  Jacquie has given us a fun tag to play with this week.



I used another new-to-me stamp set from The Greetery and created this S'More card.  The background was clear embossed onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and then blended various Distress Oxide inks over the panel.  Once that was done, I flicked both Gathered Twigs DOX and white gouache onto the panel and set it aside to dry.


The "S'More" word was stamped, cut with my Scan n Cut and then I added clear sparkle pen and Glossy Accents over it.  The Glossy Accents didn't stay where it was meant to so I might re-do that part of the sentiment before sending it out.


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the rest of the DT cards - they're gorgeous!

Products used:

Stamps:  Crackle Background (SSS), S'More Holiday (The Greetery)
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone Distress Oxide Inks, Vanilla Cream, Hazelnut, Espresso, Mocha, Moss, Velvet (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Red Hot (MFT), Strathmore Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Christmas Tag (WP9), Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Gouache, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Glossy Accents, Clear EP

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, you've now convinced me to switch from coffee, to hot chocolate - of course, there will be marshmallows!
This is darling!
=]

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable! I love the background. This stamp set is so cute and I have gone back and forth so much whether to purchase it or not.

stampingbowd said...

I am playing along with this week's FMS and your card caught my eye! I just love the retro feel to this! Such yummy looking marshmallows! I love it.

Amy O said...

Oh, my goodness! Everything about this card is fabulous! That background is amazing and I love how you've arranged everything on the tag.

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome take on the sketch, Karren! I love the rustic bricks and how you added bold red to your sentiment! LOVE this clever Christmas card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous design, Karren! Love the texture on the background and perfect way your marshmallows fit the tag.

Jen Brum said...

Okay, this is just fabulous Karren! I love the S'more theme so much! The background is so perfect and that chocolate is calling my name!! Perfect sentiment as well! Definitely a hit!

Jen Timko said...

I am so obsessed with everything from The Greetery. This is simply fabulous! So many fun details.